Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can follow their direction to install my tubes and dsp5 switch . But once I have the tunes flashed , is there anything I should do before testing them out ? I’d hate to blow up my tranny . Truck is all stock , except lift pump. Bought standard ridge runner 5 tune package for lbz

·
Vendor
10,945 Posts
So once you flash the truck, the trans is most likely going to be pissed and shift funny for a while. Maybe 100 miles or so. I have not ever used the trans relearn in the CTS have always just drove the truck. Set it at one of the higher tunes and just drive it for a while. It will relearn that way too.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So once you flash the truck, the trans is most likely going to be pissed and shift funny for a while. Maybe 100 miles or so. I have not ever used the trans relearn in the CTS have always just drove the truck. Set it at one of the higher tunes and just drive it for a while. It will relearn that way too.
By higher , you mean higher hp?
The three highest I have is +60, +75, and +110

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Set it to the 110 hp tune and drive it at different speeda varying rpm and adding slightly more throttle input over time for the first 100 to 300 miles. The edge cts relearn isnt a full relearn like you could do with a tech 2 or similar so just skip it. We say to use the highest hp tune as it will learn that power then shift fine on the lower tunes.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
But after driving on the lower hp tune for a while, it’ll learn that, then when you switch it up to a higher hp tune you really should allow the trans a little time to relearn the higher hp again.
This is one reason I don’t care for switching hp on the fly, find a hp you like and leave it there, your trans will be much happier.
How many people give the trans time to learn when they switch to max effort when that turbo powered Prius pulls along side of you at the street light.:surprise:

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
But after driving on the lower hp tune for a while, it’ll learn that, then when you switch it up to a higher hp tune you really should allow the trans a little time to relearn the higher hp again.
This is one reason I don’t care for switching hp on the fly, find a hp you like and leave it there, your trans will be much happier.
How many people give the trans time to learn when they switch to max effort when that turbo powered Prius pulls along side of you at the street light.:surprise:
Too much of that Prius Syndrome will cause you to limp your tranny too. Once it slips just Once, youre on a downhill slope to a 4-5000 repair.

DRC gave you some good advice, one tune. If it were me it would be the lowest, mine is a 25 HP heavy tow tune.

If you play, you WILL Pay sooner or later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts