Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you all follow my previous build thread for my LMM. It’s running on 6 years now I think.

Well my oldest son Tyler turned 16 in January and will be getting his license soon.

I started searching off and on about 6 months ago for a regular cab or a extended cab short bed. Well 2-3 weeks ago I expanded my search and found a mint regular cab lb7 outside Bristol Tennessee. Talked to the guy and got the whole history of the truck. It was a fleet truck used on a large property. Never seen salt and from what I gathered was well maintained.

Well after some negotiationing we decided on a price and I made the trip down.

Here is a pic from the craigslist ad.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Sub a dub dub joe. Whens Tyler getting an account so he can learn some stuff first hand? Or do you not want us tainting him? Lol

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got down there and the truck was just like the guy said. Exactly what I was wanting. Project truck we can work on together and he can learn as we go.

I took my buddy and with me and my father n law and we made the trex. 13.5 hours of driving and only 3 stops we went down and back. Truck only had one issue on the way back as it developed a small fuel leak. Nothing major. We finally got back and my son was clueless. I told him before I left I was getting a trailer and called ahead when I was close and told him I needed help unloading it.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We immediately started cleaning and pulling it apart

Attachments

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At this point we lost all power and progress was stopped. We started on t again that night and got the floor and mat pulled out.

My ocd went full blast and I ended up gutting the hole cab including the headliner to clean it all. The headliner needed wrapped anyways so put it came.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once we got the mat and backing out I took it the car wash and went to town. I’ve did it twice now and it’s amazinf the dirt that came out of it. I’ve went through 2 gallon of cleaner now and 20.00+ at the car wash.

Once I got the heavy dirt off of it tyler went to town by hand on his own in the elements with some help from me. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The search was on for some new parts and I knew what I was looking for. I found a complete interior out of a 2004 truck and it had the jump seat in the middle. Catch 22 is the truck was in northern Minnesota and they got hammered with 3 feet of snow. So I waited for almost a week on those and they actually came in today.

In the mean time I picked up a 2” cowl hood to replace the current one with hail damage and the headliner has been redone in the factory tan. A customer of mine had a donor lb7 gmc truck and told me I was welcome to whatever I wanted so I went down and grabbed some misc interior pieces and a tailgate which I’m not sure if it will work yet. The current one on the truck is shot and so is the rear bumper.

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some other misc items have came in also.

We have a downpipe, fuel filter rebuild kit and a lot of maintenance items already. We will be going through the whole truck and swapping all fluids besides the power steering and brake fluid. I’ll have that done at work.

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So today after the seats came in I decided to clean them really good and see what I can do. I picked a detailing tool called a tornador from a supplier and holt shit it’s makes a difference guys. Couldn’t be happier. Got 2 seats done and 1 left to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also want to throw a shoutout to a few members on here.

Justin @toxic
Mike @SoCalMike
Jason @20DirtyMax05

They all had some spare parts laying around and have sent them my way which has been a huge help guys. Thanks

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Also want to throw a shoutout to a few members on here.

Justin @toxic

Mike @SoCalMike

Jason @20DirtyMax05

They all had some spare parts laying around and have sent them my way which has been a huge help guys. Thanks
Joe anytime man. I got your package today too as I was leaving. I appreciate it as well. Looking forward to what you and Tyler do with this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Gmc tailgate should work joe. I have a Chevy one on my gmc

Reactions: lutzjk913

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm in!

Reactions: lutzjk913

·