Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'll start off by saying I like to be creative.. so I can get more pics if needed.. I first found a custom switch from utvinc that says flux capacitor ..yes that's right . I mounted the pump on a bracket under the bed where I think the dpf emission stuff was so it's very sturdy and hidden from debris and put the tank in the bed temporarily here's some pics ..running 40%meth

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Good pics! That arming switch is awesome.

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright guys, looking for all opinion on this.. I have two 12ph nozzles and a 200psi pump, i have been talking to KB3MMX about my issue, im running about a 60/40 water to meth ratio and i can slightly feel the boost go up but nothing drastic and it doesnt change regardless of the tune im on.. I did note that the nozzles werent misting so much as spraying similar to a water gun (puzzled) im going to double check the pump psi tonight i dont want to tighten the screw too much and break something in the pump. whats everyones opinions on the issue at hand? Not enough pressure to atomize the meth? thus not adding power? but wouldnt the liquid add power regardless? maybe its too much? (find that hard to believe) I have yet to run it on a relay im doing that tonight as well, KB3 and i are thinkin this may be the issue because of low amperage running it directly off a hot wire i tapped into on the switch. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
read up on stepchilds water meth adventures, he sprayed for over 100k on a truck I think he sold. btw kool switch!!!

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I read up on his a little it just didnt explain much about the voltage and pump pressure etc. thanks btw!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
what controller are you using? or are you simply trying to have two nozzles come on when you flip the switch?
what boost are you spraying at?
im not sure how much 12ph nozzles flow in ml?

i agree I wouldnt power the pump through the switch. simple test would be put your nozzles in a bucket and hit the pump with juice straight from the battery and see if it sprays out better

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry i didnt fill you in im running a Hobbs style switch and its adjusted to come on at 17psi and stay on anything above that (both 12gph nozzles (756ml each)) the switch inside is just the arming switch.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Ok I'm not super familiar with the Hobbs switch but doesn't that mean it turns both nozzles on 100% at 17 psi?

That seems like a lot of water/meth to be spraying. Sure you aren't "putting out the fire" so to speak?

I only ran 1 325ml nozzle with my snow kit for highway cruising

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is only used at wot throttle racing for the most part though

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update: Installed a relay and cleaned a dirty jet/nozzle now both are spraying a nice mist and the truck is definitely benefiting from it :D

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going to add to this guys.. Ran 65% methanol this weekend and WOW! you can really feel the power!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Still running your water/meth? No issues? Thinking about trying it out for cooler EGTs not necessarily more HP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts