Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Lb7, with a 6 inch rough country lift on it, I bought it last year and am trying to get it inspected. But we noticed a bushing was blown out on it. The truck won’t pass without this bushing. No body I have talked to including some mechanic shops and my instructor at my college knew. Hoping someone on here can help me out.. this bushing is only located on the passenger side of the truck right below the upper control arm as you can see. If anyone has any ideas I’d love to know!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Gas

Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel

· Former GM Tech and parts
4,251 Posts
Automotive tire Bicycle part Gas Rim Automotive wheel system

This mount here you are talking about?

· Registered
246 Posts
If you are talking about the steel box under the control arm, that is the bump stop mount. If you are speaking of the aluminum bracket with two bushings on the ends that is the axle support, and it looks worn. The missing bolts were deleted with the lift. welcome to the forum!

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are talking about the steel box under the control arm, that is the bump stop mount. If you are speaking of the aluminum bracket with two bushings on the ends that is the axle support, and it looks worn. The missing bolts were deleted with the lift. welcome to the forum!
It’s the piece that is circled in one of the replies. That’s blown all out. So you think that’s the axle support, if they were taken out for the lift kit then are they still needed then? I’m trying to get it inspected. I didn’t install the trucks lift kit. And alot of other things were messed up. Trying to fix them slowly. But can’t get it on the road… thanks for the advice so far! And thanks for the welcome

4,251 Posts
Yes, that is a support for the differential. If the picture where I circled for clarification, you can see the block in the background that now goes between that support and the front differential.

Reactions: Blackmax65

· Registered
246 Posts
It’s the piece that is circled in one of the replies. That’s blown all out. So you think that’s the axle support, if they were taken out for the lift kit then are they still needed then? I’m trying to get it inspected. I didn’t install the trucks lift kit. And alot of other things were messed up. Trying to fix them slowly. But can’t get it on the road… thanks for the advice so far! And thanks for the welcome
The part DMAX circled should be replaced, asap.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s the piece that is circled in one of the replies. That’s blown all out. So you think that’s the axle support, if
Yes, that is a support for the differential. If the picture where I circled for clarification, you can see the block in the background that now goes between that support and the front differential.
alright awesome, so I should just look up the part your referring to and get it ordered. Any ideas if it will come with a bushing ?

4,251 Posts
I’m having issues finding this part. Any ideas ?
That will probably be a dealer part, probably very limited on aftermarket sourcing. Go to a dealer, they can look up the part and if it comes with bushings or is a separate part or what

1 - 11 of 11 Posts