Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have combed through my manual and I can't come up with a solution as to the function of this slot/part of the glove box. It is on a 2006 Sierra. An answer would help me sleep. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Holder for a garage door opener. Just a GUESS of course.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not a bad idea but When it closes, there may be only 1/2" clearance. So either the item is really thin or it only goes in when the box is open.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does look like a holder for some kind of paper. What size is the owners manual? I think it would work great for registration, etc. Nothing electronic makes sense.
The manual is a thick book. It is almost like some special tool goes there.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you're wondering if something came with the truck when new, the answer is no. Had 3 trucks in that body style from new & nothing is in there. I placed my insurance & registration card holder in there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're wondering if something came with the truck when new, the answer is no. Had 3 trucks in that body style from new & nothing is in there. I placed my insurance & registration card holder in there.
It just seems that you would have to fold your registration/insurance several times to get it to fit and the notch seems to be shaped like an "L."

·
Registered
693 Posts
I don't have to fold it, it goes into a plastic holder that slides right in there. Your overthinking this, if you have nothing to put in it, don't use it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going to say an old hold over from back in the day when we still had paper maps? Would a map fit in there?

·
Registered
2007 Silverado CCSB 4X4 LBZ 6sp
38 Posts
I was going to say an old hold over from back in the day when we still had paper maps? Would a map fit in there?
I don’t think so I don’t have a paper map in this truck yet lol. But I don’t think I is wide enough plus it would be a pain to slide it down in there the clips don’t move all that much.

·
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
1,626 Posts
I'm not going to lie, I am emotionally invested in this investigation now. I keep popping back in here every time someone posts again hoping that they've provided the answer. I don't know why I care, but I care.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm not going to lie, I am emotionally invested in this investigation now. I keep popping back in here every time someone posts again hoping that they've provided the answer. I don't know why I care, but I care.
HAHAHA Me too. I was just thinking that.

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
608 Posts
Im still laughing at this. Not sure why it got me to laugh so hard. Maybe i need fresh air. It sucks to be in the Bowls of hell here in Jail. LOL

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have combed through my manual and I can't come up with a solution as to the function of this slot/part of the glove box. It is on a 2006 Sierra. An answer would help me sleep. Thanks in advance.
I'm hoping this is it, when I bought my 04, the trailer wiring bundle for the trailer brake was zip tied in there, and somewhere I read it was for trailer aux.accessory compartment.

·
Registered
2007 Silverado CCSB 4X4 LBZ 6sp
38 Posts
I have you an answer for it. A pen holder or are you looking for the factory explained reason. Like why GM put it there in the first place.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It is a pen holder. that was it's intention, not for anything else. GM had them in a multitude of vehicles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts