Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
06' LLY
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m new the the forum, I have 06 LLY that I bought a year ago. I have a switch and knob located under the dash and I have no idea what they do. One wire is missing off of the switch (black wire), and a red is connected. On the knob it has for positions and a grey wire is connected. The red and grey go to the ecm. Any thoughts on what these could be? I have pictures if I can figure out how to post them here.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
The knob looks like a dps knob.

Reactions: Sovtlml

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
87 Posts
The knob is your DSP5 to change tunes on the truck. The toggle switch could be for anything from added lights to a high idle switch. Might have to follow the red and black wire to figure it out.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
87 Posts

·
Registered
06' LLY
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The knob is your DSP5 to change tunes on the truck. The toggle switch could be for anything from added lights to a high idle switch. Might have to follow the red and black wire to figure it out.
Do you know which way to turn the knob to get more performance, clockwise? Counter clockwise?

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
On mine clockwise increases.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
87 Posts
Most tuners would do as follows 1 stock 2 heavy tow 3 light tow 4 daily driver 5 race turning clockwise. That is how mine is set up but i have read on here of some doing it opposite.

·
Registered
2004 LB7 Dually EC/LB Stealth 64 Tuned all the goodies 600 HP 1350 Tq
18 Posts
Nate dmax is on par. Turn it all the way counter clockwise, floor it, do it again after you turn know all the way clockwise. There should be a huge difference, if not, it isnt hooked up anymore for some reason . maybe the tuned ecm was removed and stock no tune box was put back in. Hopefully its still tuned, be careful, if it has a big tune and a stock trans, ill go into limpdick mode. If so, just turn ignition off and back on top reset it. Enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts