Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my spring vehicles servicing yesterday. I ran into NAPA to get Wix gold fuel filter “I got hosed Tommy” I paid $50 dollars for a freaking fuel filter I could not believe it. I know I could have found one cheaper but didn't have time to hunt one down. Watch out Napa’s sticking it to us boys.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
napa is expensive for everything.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Haha...yeah you did...I believe you can get 2 of them from a vendor right now for 60 bucks with free shipping.....I think it's Husker but I'm not 100% sure

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Yup that would be us... for $10 more you could have gotten two of them shipped to your door. One to put on now, and another to toss under the back seat in case you get a bad batch of fuel and get stuck on the side of the road :)

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
While I DO agree that Jess and Jesse have a GREAT deal going on the WIX filters. It is not all NAPA's fault. I have noticed over the last couple of months that the redesigned filters from WIX are actually costing everyone that much more. I personally at this point would rather send someone to Husker for their filters than sell them myself through the Amsoil account simply to save members as much as possible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just bought a napa gold fuel filter and it was only 31.00!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I just bought a fuel filter and oil filter from Napa for $50.:D

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Why not just buy wix filters from from the leprechaun's? I'm sure their cheaper. If you can make buddies with one, they get cost on all auto parts, and filters. Just tell them you'll buy a couple and pay them 10%. Every-bodies happy!

Man yall need to learn to wheel and deal. :drink :rolleyes:

Target the parts pro! you didn't here that from me. lol

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know I got screwed but I didn’t have time to mess around next time I’ll give husker a call before I get in to a bind. See I’ve got 5 D-maxes when one goes down that’s money lost to me so I don’t play games. Moral of this story is all this is just a learning opportunity that I personally am responsible for. Aka I’m idiot. lol

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I know I got screwed but I didn’t have time to mess around next time I’ll give husker a call before I get in to a bind. See I’ve got 5 D-maxes when one goes down that’s money lost to me so I don’t play games. Moral of this story is all this is just a learning opportunity that I personally am responsible for. Aka I’m idiot. lol
Give us a call man, we might be able to get you an even better deal if you're buying in bigger quantities ;)

-Jesse

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Give us a call man, we might be able to get you an even better deal if you're buying in bigger quantities ;)

-Jesse

will do Jesse thank you.:rockin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts