Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I just purchased a 2020 Silverado high country last week. So far the truck has been great and I love the new 10 speed. One issue I am having is in regards to the navigation system. Every time I start the truck the home screen in the in dash system says “SD card error” in the area when your vehicle info is (mph,odometer, etc.) says “see navigation for further details” and when you open the navigation app it says “ once initialized this SD card will only work in this vehicle” once you confirm that all the other prompts including the SD card error message disappears and the navigation works as usual. The annoying part is that it does this every time the vehicle is started. Am I missing something or does sound like a dealer trip? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not sure this will work but it only takes a few minutes. Shut your truck off, open and close drivers door, and then let the truck go to sleep. It should be asleep when the green light on onstar goes out. Open your center console and on the front end is where the sd card is located. Make sure there is one in it and if so push on the card to release it. There is a gray tab on the side of the card. Slide it in the up position if it is down and reinstall. If this does not work, there probably something wrong with card.

#iworkforGM

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure this will work but it only takes a few minutes. Shut your truck off, open and close drivers door, and then let the truck go to sleep. It should be asleep when the green light on onstar goes out. Open your center console and on the front end is where the sd card is located. Make sure there is one in it and if so push on the card to release it. There is a gray tab on the side of the card. Slide it in the up position if it is down and reinstall. If this does not work, there probably something wrong with card.

#iworkforGM

Holy crap that worked you are awesome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to add to that if you have the issue. From some more research I did it looks like what you are doing is unlocking the SD card so the truck will write the trucks ID number to that card so it will only work with that specific truck. Once I switched the card to unlock the message appeared one more time then on the next key cycle it hasn’t displayed again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GM needs to make this right
I am having problems with mine.
I just got my 2020 1500 LTZ Durmax with only 100 miles on it.
Mine keeps telling me to reset !!!!!!
I am not happy !!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased a 2020 Silverado High Country and had the same SD card error issue after the dealer had to replace the controller because cameras wouldn't work (they replaced the SD card reader also). Took it back to the dealer and they had no clue about how to fix SD card error. Claimed the SD Card initialization issue was fixed but wasn't after the next start. Tried this recommendation by MTU Alum and now it works great. Thanks MTU Alum!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts