Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 2006 LBZ crew cab 4x4. Original owner truck with 220k miles. All stock, all original. It has a few leaks and other little things that I would like to have checked out by a shop before I fork over 13k for the truck. I know 15 year old trucks are not perfect, but my wife is pregnant and my 96 powerstroke only has 2 doors.

I am looking to find a shop somewhere around Phoenix that KNOWS these trucks. I don't just want to take it to a generic shop, I want someone who knows what to look for on these older duramax trucks.

Can anyone reccomend a few trustworthy shops that I can have check out the truck before I pull the trigger?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Done Right Diesel
5213 W Lamar Rd Ste 6
Glendale, Arizona 85301
(623) 939-6404
Mark is the owner, I will not trust anyone else with my truck.
Just a heads up he works on all diesels, Dodge, Ford and GM and even gassers.
He always has Fords in his shop with the cabs up in the air.
If your uncomfortable with this, then I can't help you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response man, I am comfortable with someone that knows diesels well. This sounds like it may be a good option. If nobody else offers up any options, I will give Mark a call on Monday. Thanks again buddy!

Done Right Diesel
5213 W Lamar Rd Ste 6
Glendale, Arizona 85301
(623) 939-6404
Mark is the owner, I will not trust anyone else with my truck.
Just a heads up he works on all diesels, Dodge, Ford and GM and even gassers.
He always has Fords in his shop with the cabs up in the air.
If your uncomfortable with this, then I can't help you.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Ford cabs up, frames with blown engines down.
There’s a few other places that I no longer trust, ripping off the customer for unnecessary work and parts and excessive labor that you don’t really need.
I ran across him and his shop in late 2012, been going to him since.

·
Registered
18,111 Posts
Isnt copperhead diesel in that area?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
They are in Chandler Arizona.OP, not sure how far you are from them but they are a very reputable diesel shop as well

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am about 45 minutes north of them, but I suppose a long test drive isn't a bad thing. Maybe I will give them a call and see if they have any time this week. I found a shop closer to me by the name of "strictly diesel"... I may give them a call as well. Anyone ever had any experience with them?

They are in Chandler Arizona.OP, not sure how far you are from them but they are a very reputable diesel shop as well

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
I am about 45 minutes north of them, but I suppose a long test drive isn't a bad thing. Maybe I will give them a call and see if they have any time this week. I found a shop closer to me by the name of "strictly diesel"... I may give them a call as well. Anyone ever had any experience with them?
Didn’t think of CopperHead, you asked for Phx, Chandler/Mesa is about 40 miles south/east.
Copperhead was very helpful just asking for advice on the phone a couple of times.
You’d be way better off with DRD or Copperhead, over your last mention.

Another one to stay far away from is Pro Diesel, both operate exactly what I mentioned in my post #4.
Been there dealt with both of them.
Mark was co-owner of ProDiesel, his partner was not very good or fair with customers.
Mark eventually got fed up and left and started DRD, the ex-partner still has the shop.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Anyone ever had any experience with them?
I just had Sean at Copperhead build my trans to tolerate the ATP tunes, and some other steering / engine work. They are a BUSY shop and do STELLAR work IMO. They are not the cheapest in town, because Seans guys are SALARY not flat-rate mechanics. They don't cut corners.
If we were awarding stars for doing it RIGHT,,, well IMO Copperhead would get ALL OF THEM. No one else touches my truck but these guys from now on.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD
1 - 9 of 9 Posts