Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres the deal, my friend hooked up his efi live tuner to my truck to fix an EGR code that keeps coming up, which cost me 100 bucks for the license. i paid because i wanted efi at a late date. he had someone else tune his truck so he found out he cant use his tunes on my truck. he doesnt know how to write tunes and the tune library at diesel place is down, so i payed my 100 bucks so my service engine soon wouldnt be on, plus payed for a dps5 switch that is worthless, can anyone give me some safe tunes by chance? i would like 4 but a smoke would get me by till the library opens back up (if it ever does), it would be great if someone could help

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
be careful getting tunes out of a public library like that! alot of those tunes are very ruff tunes and there are free for a reason!
since your from Ohio i'll see what i can do to help you out! PM me and i'll see about hooking you up!

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
What is the fascination with a "smoke" tune???? I would love to see someone say that a "tire melting tune would get me by." Just my .02

Welcome to the Forum BTW....

I agree... be careful with something free.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
What is the fascination with a "smoke" tune???? I would love to see someone say that a "tire melting tune would get me by." Just my .02

Welcome to the Forum BTW....

I agree... be careful with something free.
My tire melting tunes get me by!!

Welcome to forum!!

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
wha about a tire melting smoke tune? :D

·
1,776 Posts
wha about a tire melting smoke tune? :D
Now THAT would be cool... but a tune that just blows a lot of smoke??? Why not just buy a Slummins??? :rof

:drink

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
Now THAT would be cool... but a tune that just blows a lot of smoke??? Why not just buy a Slummins??? :rof

:drink
or you could just burn your truck... it will blow alot of smoke and melt all 4 tires :rof

·
1,776 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha i go through tires fast enough already! i just wanna be able to blow that smoke right back at those cummins in my town, mostly the mopar freak at work

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
nuthin wrong with a smoke tune but things to think about before getting a smoke tune!
number 1 it isnt good for your engine and it isnt good for the diesel sport,if we are not careful the EPA will start cracking down on us and ruin the sport.

·
1,776 Posts
haha i go through tires fast enough already! i just wanna be able to blow that smoke right back at those cummins in my town, mostly the mopar freak at work
To each his own... I'd just rather blow by them while they are dumping their hp/tq out of their tailpipes. Mopar freaks are the worst. You can kill them all day at the track and they'll still talk smack about how great their Slummins is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
basicly in the end i just dont wanna have to buy another license to get tunes, i have a dsp2 switch hooked up as well so a single tune would do, what i wanted was stock, 50, 75, 120, and smoke. i have a bullydog power pup, with a 90 hp setting that works ok, but it lacks the switch on the fly ability, it takes me 10 min to change settings as it is, and xtremedmax, you hit that right on the spot, they ignore numbers too, you can have it on paper and proven but its not true because its got a chevy in front haha

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
So your buddy bought tunes from someone, in hopes they would work in your truck too for free. But they didnt, so now you are asking for free tunes from someone else? After you get those tunes, will you and your buddy plan on offering free tunes to the rest of your buddies now that you will have tunes for 2 separate trucks???

call some tuners up, im sure they would be happy to build you a dsp5 setup for free considering you didnt purchase anything from them.

Have you called the guy your buddy bought efi live from and asked him if he can send you some free tunes too.

It only takes us like 1 to 2 minutes to build a dsp5 tune so I dont know why anyone wouldnt hook you up....

thats a lot of sarcasm right there...

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
So your buddy bought tunes from someone, in hopes they would work in your truck too for free. But they didnt, so now you are asking for free tunes from someone else? After you get those tunes, will you and your buddy plan on offering free tunes to the rest of your buddies now that you will have tunes for 2 separate trucks???

call some tuners up, im sure they would be happy to build you a dsp5 setup for free considering you didnt purchase anything from them.

Have you called the guy your buddy bought efi live from and asked him if he can send you some free tunes too.

It only takes us like 1 to 2 minutes to build a dsp5 tune so I dont know why anyone wouldnt hook you up....

thats a lot of sarcasm right there...

FYI if you didn't catch the underlying notes in his text.....

this is what we keep on Mikes cage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the sarcasm, but he payed the guy to put them on his truck, not through his program, he bought that later, he payed for his tunes, and he used his program to make my light stay off, he doesnt have the experience to write tunes and i never said i wouldnt pay for them, i just wanna stay away from having to buy another lisence, sorry if i pissed you off buddie, i guess i shouldnt have put free in the first post.

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
check your email!

you wont have to buy another license,what you can do is have a tune emailed to you and then have your buddy download it onto his laptop and use his Cable to put it on your truck since he has your vin locked to his EFILive Cable...

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
thanks for the sarcasm, but he payed the guy to put them on his truck, not through his program, he bought that later, he payed for his tunes, and he used his program to make my light stay off, he doesnt have the experience to write tunes and i never said i wouldnt pay for them, i just wanna stay away from having to buy another lisence, sorry if i pissed you off buddie, i guess i shouldnt have put free in the first post.
Haha, you missed the sarcasm in my post. You seemed to be asking for quite a bit. I was just messing with ya man. Dont get your feeling hurt, I mean no harm :drink

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tune Library isn't down on Diesel Place, the link across the top of the screen is a dead link - I reported it last week.

You can still access the tune library. From the forum home page, scroll down to the custom tuning forum and you'll see the sub forum of the Tune Library - that link will get you into the tune library just fine.

Cheers
Cindy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts