Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the top of my trim was getting a little sun baked so I decided to remove it, all was going well till I hit the front half of my driver side door. What are my options here? I'm no expert but it seems like the same paint just super heavy clear coat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
When's the last time your truck got a good detail? A clay bar and paint correction should even it all out. Get it ceramic coated too while you're at it, well worth it.

Just because the truck is "washed" doesn't mean it's clean.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When's the last time your truck got a good detail? A clay bar and paint correction should even it all out. Get it ceramic coated too while you're at it, well worth it.

Just because the truck is "washed" doesn't mean it's clean.
The truck is clean clayed and waxed, the bucket was just for the dirt under the trim before I used the eraser wheel on the glue. I have never done a ceramic coat on any of my vehicle but I really wanna give it a go seen a few videos on youtube looks like some good stuff. I'll probably give it a go once I get that door taken care of.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Should try a paint correction. A cutting and polish compound, two step process with a wheel to really get in there. It may be too far gone but its worth a shot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts