Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Find money somehow to buy some h2's for winter

Votes: 7 50.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, so I'll start out by saying I have yet to get sick of my hoss wheels on my truck. Still love the way they look and get a lot of compliments on them.. But. They took a hit from some kind of road acid something or other and in certain spots they have like a bunch of little light dots on them (can't see till you get up close). They also have 1 PA winter on them, which didnt help anything either.. Right now I think I could put a little time into them and polish them up, but with winter fast approaching, I don't really have the money right now to buy a set of different wheels and tires. Hunting expenses got the best of me this year..

So my newest little thing I thought of would be to run the hoss all winter, then in the spring just switch out my brand new tires I have on them over to a nice new set of BMF novakanes.. haha. What do you guys think?

Heres a pic of it with the Hoss.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
another option could be to find some cheap 8lug wheels off craigslist (16") and run them for winter. They wouldn't look as appealing, but if you threw some black paint on them they wouldnt look bad IMO. And there's always a plethora of 16" tires on craigslist. at least around here. Would probably be a fairly inexpensive setup for you. Cheaper in the long run cause you wouldn't have to be buying brand new wheels in the spring either. Just my 0.02.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
I think you should go with the BMFs I've been wanting them for so long but don't know how good they would look on my truck.. But on yours HELL YEAH :thumb

·
Registered
325 Posts
find a cheap set of stockers.... keep the hoss nice.

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean I really do like the Hoss... But my trucks looked the same for a while now. I'm gonna search craigslist for some 16" steelies too. BMF's would really change the look of my truck. I just need to decide if its a look I want.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Agreed, but that's all up to you. It's also a look that tons of other people have.. just a thought

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah there is no denying that. But theres also a bunch of blacked out ones running Hoss's too. I really dont like much anything else. Monsters... But not for my truck.

·
Registered
897 Posts
BMFs are the funk! I love mine. I like nvrplzd idea of cheap 16" wheels painted black.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i would jsut find a set of factory wheels, and run them.
if you made you feel better just paint them black too.

i wouldnt ruin a set of wheels i payed good money for.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,905 Posts
I'd find SOMETHING else to run in winter so I didn't ruin those, that pic you posted just oozes with sweetness... Hell, I've got a set of PYOs you could use for this winter if we could just get them to ya and back after winter

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha yeah Indiana is quite the haul. I searched craigslist and could find any steelies. Idk what I wanna do. I know a bunch of shit heads up home with like 6 rusty cummins each so maybe I'll give them a call and see if anyones got a spare set layin around.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I got black stealies for the winter. I'll trade ya for the Hoss's!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts