Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last Saturday I updated my cts2, drove around for a little, and bam, check engine light, truck has 20,000 miles on it. The edge read it as p140b which is some issue with egr. I took it in to the dealer as it didnt go away. They said it needs a new egr bypass valve. Has anyone else had this problem? I do a lot of around town short trips, In the morning its nice and cold outside, I start it up, idle it for a minute or two, and baby it until it reaches operating temp. Four miles there in the morning, four miles back. And it sits all day. Wondering if this has something to do with it. Still waiting on the part. Very interesting though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
8 mile round trips can't be good on any engine... yet you have 20K on the truck so you have to be driving it longer at some point.

What's the dealer telling you as far as time frame for the new part ?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I just had mine replaced on my truck 2011 and 148,000 miles, so I am really not much help with this.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8 mile round trips can't be good on any engine... yet you have 20K on the truck so you have to be driving it longer at some point.

What's the dealer telling you as far as time frame for the new part ?

They ordered the part on tuesday, and still dont have it in, they said they could start on monday, possibly.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well that is a long story but it took the tech about 8 hours to fix it.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
So last Saturday I updated my cts2, drove around for a little, and bam, check engine light, truck has 20,000 miles on it. The edge read it as p140b which is some issue with egr. I took it in to the dealer as it didnt go away. They said it needs a new egr bypass valve. Has anyone else had this problem? I do a lot of around town short trips, In the morning its nice and cold outside, I start it up, idle it for a minute or two, and baby it until it reaches operating temp. Four miles there in the morning, four miles back. And it sits all day. Wondering if this has something to do with it. Still waiting on the part. Very interesting though.
It's a '17/'18?

·
Registered
110 Posts
My truck has thrown the p140b code more than once. At the shop now. My dealer (where I'm employeed) ordered the EGR bypass valve but the dealer where it's being worked on said it's my intake LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m getting the same code also along with a p049d code. Truck runs decent but have got a slight ticking noise now(I’m guessing air/fuel mix is off from the egr) I’m wondering if anyone has done an egr delete and how it worked in doing away with this problem?? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts