Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing someone to build a race tune for me by tomorrow evening insane to try some one elses tune in the 1/8 mile idk if it's robs tunes or what but hi race tune last time I ran a 9.5 in two wheel drive and I've been trying to get him to help me for the past month and still hasn't really helped much or let me know anything. Any other good tuners that can email me a good race tune? Tried bob at duramaxtuner but he only tunes ECMs with bigger turbo so there product doesn't get out or something.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I'm needing someone to build a race tune for me by tomorrow evening insane to try some one elses tune in the 1/8 mile idk if it's robs tunes or what but hi race tune last time I ran a 9.5 in two wheel drive and I've been trying to get him to help me for the past month and still hasn't really helped much or let me know anything. Any other good tuners that can email me a good race tune? Tried bob at duramaxtuner but he only tunes ECMs with bigger turbo so there product doesn't get out or something.

There's your problem! Oh and that 6" and those 35x13.50's

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idk why insane was in there. Lol.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made the words red. Your 1/8 will be terrible in 2wd. What's your 60'?
Oh my phone doesn't show the red words. 2.29 was my fastest 60

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is 4 wheel
Launch that big of a difference? I raced a 08 with efi and all it had was a shift kit and stuff for the 4wheel launch and with everything I have he beat me by three car lengths. I can do a 4 wheel launch now but haven't tried it waiting foe tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Oh my phone doesn't show the red words. 2.29 was my fastest 60

Yup. For your tire size and that 60' it sounds about right. Though it is a bit high.. Do you happen to know the weight of your truck? also are your tunes even race tunes from rob? Or are they still stock trans tunes? With robs max effort tune and a stock turbo on 31s my 1/8 is low 8's, that is 4wd though.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Is 4 wheel
Launch that big of a difference? I raced a 08 with efi and all it had was a shift kit and stuff for the 4wheel launch and with everything I have he beat me by three car lengths. I can do a 4 wheel launch now but haven't tried it waiting foe tomorrow.

Can you spin those 35's at all? I mean even chirp them? If so then yes 4wd will make a HUGE difference. If you have the proper front end reenforcement then go out and boost up to about 15 psi in 4whi and let it rip. You'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Just thought I'd say this before you go break something, DO NOT LAUNCH IN 4wd WITHOUT AFTERMARKET/HEAVY DUTY TIERODS AS A BARE MINIMUM NECESSITY.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you spin those 35's at all? I mean even chirp them? If so then yes 4wd will make a HUGE difference. If you have the proper front end reenforcement then go out and boost up to about 15 psi in 4whi and let it rip. You'll see what I mean.
From a dead stop no boost doesn't even try to break em loose. But on my smoke tune yes it will get sideways when it shifts. And it should be race tunes for built trans I told him but looking at his builds I dent see anything about trans settings in any of the tunes. Would there be anything ?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My only problem is take offs. It takes forever to get going. Nothing but smoke comes out.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
How high the hp tune is from him determines the trans type. If it ain't built it's probably a 150hp tune or less from rob. If it is its probably a higher power tune. And I'm not so sure your using the same Rob I'm thinking of..he won't build a smoke tune from what I understand...where did you get this tuning?

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I'm not bashing you saying this, but from what your saying you don't know how to properly launch a truck to get good drag times.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How high the hp tune is from him determines the trans type. If it ain't built it's probably a 150hp tune or less from rob. If it is its probably a higher power tune. And I'm not so sure your using the same Rob I'm thinking of..he won't build a smoke tune from what I understand...where did you get this tuning?
Yes it is Idaho rob he built them for me in February. Idk the hp he didn't tell me.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Doyou know how to build boost by applying your foot on the brake and gas at the same time? It takes some practice to get good launches

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not bashing you saying this, but from what your saying you don't know how to properly launch a truck to get good drag times.
Whats the proper way to launch? I've only been to the track once an I'd like to improve on my reaction time and everything.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doyou know how to build boost by applying your foot on the brake and gas at the same time? It takes some practice to get good launches
A boosted launch? Ya I know how to do that. I was boosting at about 6 psi

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Whats the proper way to launch? I've only been to the track once an I'd like to improve on my reaction time and everything.

Your 60' time isn't bad for being in 2wd and having mud tires, reaction time doesn't effect your et either. These trucks have a big advantage over cars in traction an that is where the 12 second and lower passes come from mainly. The top end is terrible compared to a car because of many things. 4wd is where the traction comes from unless you have a really good tire. There isn't really a procedure for it, once you know how to boost up it's just practice and set up really. If you don't have upgraded front end pieces then get them and try some 4wd launches at and take it to the track and try again. At 6psi your Turbo is barely spooled and that's where the delay in take off comes in to play. Only way to boost higher without spinning is better/stickier tires, or 4wd or both.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
And another thing, 35x13.50's are a HEAVY ass tire. That's probably 100+lbs a corner. Rotational mass will kill your et.
It takes alot of power to compensate for weight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts