Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 GMC2500 hd Duramax with Allison tranny. I am going to pull a Weekend Warrior FSW32 and need some advice. I was thinking of puting a Timbren rear kit and also a exhaust system. Some say a 5" and some say a
4". Which one would you guys put on? Also, will this make the truck louder? One other change I was told to do was change the hitch to a Putnam class 5 and also put a weight distribution bar on. Thanks for all your replies I am looking forward to hearing back.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
A 4" is all you need unless you want loud and plan on making more than 450 RWHP? MBRP exhaust is pretty quiet and well built, borla 4" is probally the quietest ive heard yet and is also well built! Depending on the weight of your trailer you might want to up grade the hitch, the stockers have been known to fail when pushed to their limit! Lots of folks like the Reese titan hitch as a good replacement!

·
Registered
8 Posts
4" is plenty for most applications unless your looking to make alotta HP.

Load your trailer up to what it's going to have when your actually going to use it, don't put much stock in what the manufacturer says. That will give you the weight and you can compair that to the stock hitch ratings to see if you need to upgrade it.

If the trailer isn't to heavy (7500lbs or less) just getting it to ride level and not loading to much in one end of the trailer or the other should get it to pull nice. But if your throwing toys in the back of the trailer then the bars would be a good idea.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Id give another vote to the 4 inch. The one good thing is you can get a 4" in stainless steel so rust wont be an issue. I searched for my exhaust and found MBRP to be the best. I ended up with a turbo back system. It seems that the best way to get all extra available hp is to remove the cat. Any aftermarket exhaust will make the truck louder because aftermarket is designed to be less restrictive causing more noise.

I never heard to mutch complaints with the stock hitch. If I was going to change mine Id look into a Reese. Definatly a good product! A weight distribution bar is a good idea as well. :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well, with the MBRP turbo back duals on mycustomers truck, you really can't tell in the cab it any different until you really rip on it. So, teh straight pipe will make it a little louder than that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I recommend a weight distributing hitch with anti sway device. I use the Equal-i-zer Hitch and have no issues with wind, semi trailers, bumps, and abrupt swerves at highway speed. If you decide I recommend do some research for price on line and find the cheapest one, then take it to your Equal-i-zer dealer and if their price is more let them know you can get it for less on line. They took 250 off their price which was 50 less than what I could get it on line not including shipping. If they don't want to deal then order it on line you haven’t lost anything. As far as exhaust mine is still stock and unless you need more power and plan on making other upgrades your stock exhaust is fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok , I was quoted $675.00 for a 4" Stainless Steel cat back Magna Flow with a 5" stainless steel tip. They are going to spot weld as well. Is that a good price? Thanks for replying !!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i have 06 lbz 2500HD crew cab short bed and i had a 4" exhaust on it,but then i switch to a 5" turbo back silverline exhuast and i love the sound under throttle,just regular driving it isn't any louder then the stock pipe made into a straight no cat

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
with out spot welding you can always take it apart if you sell the truck just my opinion

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
If you are going with a stainless exhaust and you want to spot weld it make sure they use the proper stainless wire, rods, filler rods, other wise even the stainless will rot out in no time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
How about this: I'd like to put the 4" exhaust and the cold air intake on my '02 2500hd LB7 but I can't do both at the same time. Which should I do first? And which brand?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts