Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Duramax LB7 which required replacement of all eight injectors. We removed the injectors and sent the cores to Dieselogic, a company specializing in rebuilt injectors. We received the new rebuilt injectors but found that half are slightly different from the rest. By this I mean color coding of the electric terminals with a gray dot by one terminal and a white dot by the other terminal. Yet they're not consistent. For example, four injectors have the gray dots on the top terminals and white dots on the bottom, while the other four are just the opposite (white dots on top terminals, gray dots on bottom terminals). The injectors came with no wiring schematic nor instructions and specifications pertaining to the color coding. They're also not numbered according to cylinders. We're reluctant to install these for fear of causing a short circuit.
Perhaps someone can advise us regarding this. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
RED FLAG!!!!! Rebuilt are not worth it. Brent knows his stuff. Sounds like trouble to me.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Are the solenoids polarity specific? As I remember the wires will only hook up 1 way. I hope these work for you. When I was looking most were not much cheaper than LDS. I did not think it was worth the risk to get rebuilt. I went with LDS for mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts