Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got the new system put on. its a labonte stage II. to me, it just not making any type of improvement at all. everythings working and hooked up right forsure. using washer fluid, i was told by many people that it is around a 50hp increase. you should be able to feel a 50hp increase, and im just not feeling it. also a drop in egt's, yeah, nothing there either.. so my question is, whats everyone have theres set at?? got my low boost stage set at 4psi and my high boost set at 20psi. any help would be appericated.

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
Are you sure its spraying?
I'm not familiar with how Labontes controller works so I cant give you exacts, but I'm sure someone will chime in..

Also, there is a meth area here too, check it out for more tips & pointers

Your in Franklin IN, is that on the north side of the state?

·
Registered
987 Posts
cant help you but im also interested in this should be gettin a water/meth kit later this yr

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure its spraying?
I'm not familiar with how Labontes controller works so I cant give you exacts, but I'm sure someone will chime in..

Also, there is a meth area here too, check it out for more tips & pointers

Your in Franklin IN, is that on the north side of the state?
yeah its spraying. you can hear it change sound when you turn the knobs down.. south of indianapolis.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cant help you but im also interested in this should be gettin a water/meth kit later this yr
so far, im not too impressed with it..im really not seeing any improvements what so ever..

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but its part of tryin new power adders out. some stuff may not work like you thought..kinda like the ppe boost valve for us LB7 guys..waist of money in my opinion...i didnt see a improvement outa that either..

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
have you tried straight water, and watched egts? maybe you arent spraying enough?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have you tried straight water, and watched egts? maybe you arent spraying enough?
yup, first thing i used was straight water. and nothing really, so i tried the washer fluid and same results. nothing much. i have the bigger jets in it. the bigger jets are good for 500-600hp.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much water/meth are you using, how fast do you go thru the tank?

Have you tried contacting Labonte?
its washer fluid. i think its like 25% meth and 75% water. it goes through a tank pretty quick. id say itll go though a tank in 400mi. thats if i get the 2nd stage to spray alot.

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
Depending on what washer fluid you are using it could be as low as 1 percent meth. Check the MSDS sheet to see the concentration

How big is your tank?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I had the aem kit and couldn't really feel a difference also...

Helped 40 horse on dyno though

Don't run it any more .. got rid of it when I got the twins

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Depending on what washer fluid you are using it could be as low as 1 percent meth. Check the MSDS sheet to see the concentration

How big is your tank?
its the peak blue washer fluid..i looked all over the bottle for the ratings and found nothing. im using a gallon resevoir.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had the aem kit and couldn't really feel a difference also...

Helped 40 horse on dyno though

Don't run it any more .. got rid of it when I got the twins
yeah, im sure it makes more power, just wish it was noticable. when i had my triple dog, the 40 hp setting was really noticable..

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
its the peak blue washer fluid..i looked all over the bottle for the ratings and found nothing. im using a gallon resevoir.
1 galolon in 400 miles? you could inject more. I burn a gallon every 50-100. you might want to verify it with labonte but your probably not injecting enough.

is the wws 32 degree?

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
just for giggles and to compare: on the stock tune the h20/meth added 102 hp and over 200 tq when I dynoed mine.

had it mixed at 50/50.
175ml nozzle peaking 100 % at 15 psi
and
375 & 675 nozzle kicking in at 25 psi

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 galolon in 400 miles? you could inject more. I burn a gallon every 50-100. you might want to verify it with labonte but your probably not injecting enough.

is the wws 32 degree?
maybe im not totally correct on the 400 miles. the way im driving now i could probably get 400 out of it with only the 1st stage kicking on when im above 4 psi. ive only been on it a hand full of times and i bet i could do a gallon in 100 miles pretty easy. i went through a half tank of water in 30 mins. after the install. so yeah, your right..

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just for giggles and to compare: on the stock tune the h20/meth added 102 hp and over 200 tq when I dynoed mine.

had it mixed at 50/50.
175ml nozzle peaking 100 % at 15 psi
and
375 & 675 nozzle kicking in at 25 psi
im using m10 for low boost and m14 for high boost..not quite sure on the ml rating..also, i was looking on labontes website and they list a kit for low boost engines(under25psi) and a high boost kit(for above 25psi)...im thinkin i might have gotten the low boost kit?? i usually push 30+psi.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts