Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to take the truck down to get the bed sprayed with Line-X. I just dont know what to do about the details. I am going to be entering this truck in street shows so keep that in mind.

1. Should I go over the rails?

2. What about the tailgate? Should I take off the plastic piece and let them spray a straight line off the side around the tailgate? Or should I let them spray around the plastic piece? You can see the damage to it below...I will be replacing it with new should you recommend I keep it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine was line-x'd when i bought. They did the rails(which looks awesome) but not the tailgate cap..wtf? Mine is beat up too...do it all i think u will be happier

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks any other ideas?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Bed rails is a must, but never thought of tail gate cap. I'd like to see that, but not sure how it would look.

Make sure they use high pressure, not low pressure I've been seeing on some trucks recently.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Show truck? After buying one I vote BEDRUG... there are literally no downsides to it... it looks CLEAN as all get up, it doesn't stain, doesn't corrode, doesn't scratch the paint under it, and the tailgate portion connects to the bed so no junk spill down.. So again, I vote bed rug!

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Show truck? After buying one I vote BEDRUG... there are literally no downsides to it... it looks CLEAN as all get up, it doesn't stain, doesn't corrode, doesn't scratch the paint under it, and the tailgate portion connects to the bed so no junk spill down.. So again, I vote bed rug!
Pictures?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Pictures?
Not installed yet, just took it out of the box and was playing (testing) with it :D In the next couple months my truck is going to look "clean"... I still have to heat wrap my stack and cut a hole in the bedrug for install

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Not installed yet, just took it out of the box and was playing (testing) with it :D In the next couple months my truck is going to look "clean"... I still have to heat wrap my stack and cut a hole in the bedrug for install
You'll have to let us know how you like it in a few months. I'm really curious. The video I saw (maybe you posted) made me very interested.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
That was DMaxChris.....he's the one that got me into it!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I am going to leave the plastic piece and just order and new one to replace the old one.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Probably best to just replace the cap. I believe there are 3 big holes under that cap so that would complicate things if you were to line-x that. As for the Bed Rugs.. no thanks. They are not all that great. I've just seen too many of them not hold up to what a spray in can.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just dropped the truck off. Decided to go over the rails and around the tailgate cap. Going to get some yard work done and then go pick her up. Will definately post some pics when I get home.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got it home, love the way it looks!!

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks good man. For the plastic peice u cud either get a new one or do what I do and take a sharp knife to scrap off all the scuffs. As for over the rail to dress it up for show... Well let's just say my pics speak for themselves...in my opinion, looks awesome. They r sprayed with liner btw. But it's color matched to the truck. And the JK is my initials.

Sent from Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
You'll love that. Can't beat it out with a hammer!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just got it home, love the way it looks!!

Holy shit man!!! Not rainin on ur parade but I spray bedliners and was just lookin at ur pics again up close and noticed the huge bubbles on ur bulkhead. If u haven't already taken it back to get fixed, those aren't normal and won't go away. Whoever sprayed it ,will fix em, but it's due to moisture present when they spray it... Not good. Keep a close eye on it and watch for more bubbles to possibly appear.

Sent from Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts