Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 2007 1 ton dully running stock except for a banks intake system. I was hoping that someone could tell me what tuner to get that will help me with my mileage. I am pulling a toy hauler that is 18,000 empty and I am getting about 8 miles to the gallon. I was told by a friend that he gets 20 when toeing. I don't expect to get that kind of mileage but was hoping for around 12, so can some of you tell me what I should get.........thanks.......two-dogs

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would ask your buddy what he's smokin.......he anit gettin 20 pulling no 18k....unless its all down hill
and this has been talked about extesively on here...........
Fill out your signature so people know what youve done or not to your truck.

·
Premium Member
26,485 Posts
More info needed...
Truck,
wheels/tires,
Speeds,
Gear,
.....HmmMMmm

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
do dpf-delete, get gauges, get a good EFI tow tune. biggest impact you can have on mpg's for a LMM

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
That toyhauler will go over 20,000 lbs loaded. You are way over your trucks ratings. The last thing you need is a tuner. Your tranny and engine don't need anymore strain on them. Really, you need a mdt or a hdt. And you can get a good hdt that will outlast a brand new dually and cost half as much. Check out the Escapees forum under hdt. also there is nothing wrong with your mpg towing that load. I get around 10 and I'm not that heavy.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
its a dually=heavy. highway tread, skinny tires, exhaust, and intake and enjoy it

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
I call BS for anyone claiming 20MPH towing, unless they are towing a wheel barrow.

Seriously, if your trailer is already at 18K empty you are/will be beyond GVW limits for your rig. As others have pointed out a more realistic MPG towing is 8 to 12 depending on the amount of weight that you are pulling and how fast you are towing. The faster the tow, the less MPG. I find my best fuel mileage is ~ 65 MPH towing 15K fiver loaded which yields about 10 to 12 depending on all of the above conditions and weather.

Good luck with your rig.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts