Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the EFI concept. What exactly is it and what does it do? I understand how a lot of chips work but the EFI makes it able for you to read the details on your engine and performance right?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that but still have questions about it. What kind of data will I be able to record?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and would my computer in the truck be ok with my taking out the edge and installing an EFI? or would it be to much and fry somthing? Sorry dont know much about the effects of this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Your best bet is to call one of the supporting vendors here and speak to them in person. They can answer any questions you can think of! Such as Synthetic Motorsports, or Adrenaline Truck Performance, ect.

·
Registered
99 Posts
+1 ^^^^^ call one of them here and speak to them, they are a huge help, they can build your efi live tuning for your specific wants.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will do, thanks.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Efi live is more specific to your vehicle. Much better and safer than canned tuners. I recommend starlite diesel (what I have) but ATP trucks has some great tuning as well

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
EFI live is a tuning tool. the tuners themselfs make the tunes for the truck.. then use the EFI live tool as a transfer medium to your trucks ECM. the large majority of EFI live users just need to download the tune to their truck and call it a day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My truck.

I took my Lbz to the local diesel shop. I told them I got a budget of 3GS and asked their opinion on what I should do with my truck. Btw, my Lbz 4x4 is bone stock. I like it I just want some more power mostly for towing but I wanna go fast too. He recommended I get my air box hollowed out, egr block. PVC reroute, efi live and a-pillar gauges (egt, boost, and I can't remember the last one). He said that will keep me under 3GS. Is is reasonable? And do I need efi live? I don't know much about custom tuning, and am I ready for efi live? If those are the only upgrades i have, although I have future plans

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much are they charging you on labor? I could do a lot more for that much $ but I my own stuff. You could easily do everything yourself and have them install the efi live and you could use a couple grand elsewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well.......

Not sure what its gonna cost me in labor. Supposedly they're giving me the "friend" price because we have a mutual friend. Another question is if I get charged the $700 est for the Efi live. Do I get the tuner and the software and everything. Or is that just for the download onto my truck?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Not sure what its gonna cost me in labor. Supposedly they're giving me the "friend" price because we have a mutual friend. Another question is if I get charged the $700 est for the Efi live. Do I get the tuner and the software and everything. Or is that just for the download onto my truck?
<700 should get you Autocal, 5 tunes and DSP5 switch...

I would ask in Vender Area Vendor Price Request ( Site Vendors Only Respond) - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

What I would do Autocal, Exhaust, TransGo JR, Pump Rub Kit, Lift Pump, Blocker Plate, and PPE airbox Mod(free)http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/how-tos-diy-write-ups/21697-free-ppe-air-box-modification.html

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
If a shop is tuning it, I don't think you should pay $700. And unless they give you a v2 scan tool, then no you don't get the software for your personal use...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts