Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 lmm and am in need of two front wheel bearings for either side, I'm usually good about getting OEM parts for my truck but after seeing the price I started to consider aftermarket. Shopped around a bit not real clear on a good brand possibly to buy or a site and maybe a part number if possible? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
20,183 Posts
Give the dmax store a call and get some timken ones. Fyi, your have to buy the whole hub assembly since the bearings are a one piece unit on newer trucks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Did a quick search on their web page and price is about the same as dealer maybe a bit less but when I add in shipping it really skyrockets from there.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Lifetime warranty from somewhere I read, WOW I'm not impressed, most will lose the receipt, forget where we purchased them from, sell the truck, the company you purchased from will either have been bought out or no longer in business, you will not have time to wait for the warranty part to arrive, TIMKEN is just a name see the link as they can package in any box you want they also have a 100,000 mile warranty and sure their is a time limit. I was on a roll and will think of more negative aspects later but I think those should sum it up....

ALIBABA for all....

-
https://www.google.com/search?num=10...verado+alibaba

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
In a couple minutes on the phone with the guy at advance auto I got MOOG assemblies knocked down from $320 each to $140. I could have found them slightly cheaper online but had the truck down for PISK and sleeves. Decided to just do everything that day.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I did a look around on Alibaba and their are a few ISO-9001 companies certified by Timken to build their hub assemblies. The hub assemblies in the plain white box would be of concern and more than likely have no ISO-9001 certification and the manufacturing tolerances would be a concern. I read on DP from member who does drivelines for a living and the u-joints he purchases for his shop are a different "line" as opposed to the u-joints sold to the retail market all with same brand name, could this be the same with hub assemblies...?

·
Registered
849 Posts
so good advise would be to stay away from ebay? there are some cheapies on there

·
Registered
846 Posts
I would stick away from eBay on hubs! I always think that people really need to consider OE hubs. How long did your first ones last? Do you really want to compromise your safety to save a buck? Yeah I understand a wiper blade or a light bulb but a hub that holds your wheel on your truck? But like any supplier of a part they have the potential to have a bad part here and there but overall you have nothing to worry about.

Think about a car seat for your child. Your parents get you this great one when you have your child and this car seat works great and never gives you an issue. Now your child grows out of it and when you start shopping you see dang these things are expensive so you buy the cheap one because you do not want to pony up and buy the quality that you had.

I get it you are trying to save a buck but save it somewhere else.

Lets not forget to mention then sensors that come in the hubs too.

Now I am going to have 80 million people say they have put 900 million miles on their Napa hubs and do not have an issue. So save it for another post

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I did a look around on Alibaba and their are a few ISO-9001 companies certified by Timken to build their hub assemblies. The hub assemblies in the plain white box would be of concern and more than likely have no ISO-9001 certification and the manufacturing tolerances would be a concern. I read on DP from member who does drivelines for a living and the u-joints he purchases for his shop are a different "line" as opposed to the u-joints sold to the retail market all with same brand name, could this be the same with hub assemblies...?
I would stick away from eBay on hubs! I always think that people really need to consider OE hubs. How long did your first ones last? Do you really want to compromise your safety to save a buck? Yeah I understand a wiper blade or a light bulb but a hub that holds your wheel on your truck? But like any supplier of a part they have the potential to have a bad part here and there but overall you have nothing to worry about.

Think about a car seat for your child. Your parents get you this great one when you have your child and this car seat works great and never gives you an issue. Now your child grows out of it and when you start shopping you see dang these things are expensive so you buy the cheap one because you do not want to pony up and buy the quality that you had.

I get it you are trying to save a buck but save it somewhere else.

Lets not forget to mention then sensors that come in the hubs too.

Now I am going to have 80 million people say they have put 900 million miles on their Napa hubs and do not have an issue. So save it for another post
ACDelco is what the dealer sells? They are also contracted out to ISO-9001 companies over seas just like the Timkens....OE gets a little murky in the definition of who manufactures the hubs etc. Concerning the Ebay hubs, yes I would shy away from them....

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
When I bought mine a few years ago, I got Timken from Rock auto. They are/used to be a vender on here. I want to say they were like $150 each. i could be wrong on the price though.

I also do not remember what color the box was:Hmmmhmm

·
Registered
846 Posts
ACDelco is what the dealer sells? They are also contract out to ISO-9001 companies over seas just like the Timkens....OE gets a little murky in the definition of who manufactures the hubs etc. Concerning the Ebay hubs, yes I would shy away from them....

A/C Delco Makes OE, Advantage, Durastop
OE - what comes on the vehicle
Durastop - middle road part made by A/C
Advantage - economy level part made by A/C

OE is still top dog. All are branded with A/C Delco

·
Premium Member
11,298 Posts
I got my Timkens from Advance Auto a couple years ago $199 and a life time warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
I went overseas with my first replacement - got around 70k.
The second set came from the DMAX store.
At 85k, still look good with a lifetime warranty (save the boxes and receipt).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.