Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

NEED HELP: 37's or 35's pros and cons

17K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  Dmaxguy 
#1 ·
Tomorrow I'm ordering a lift, wheels, and tires. I have a 2012 2500hd I've been beating myself up wether to run 37's on it or 35's. Either way I'm running toyo m/t for the longevity. My setup for these would be..
37's- 7" mcgaughys with fox shocks
35's- 4" rancho or cognito
On both setups I will have a 20x10 unless my guy can get the 22's I want for a good deal. Those who have ran either size please give me some pros and cons on this truck and setup

The truck will remain stock due to warranty being it has 24k miles. I may do intake and downpipe. I'm kind of leaning towards 37's

#2 ·
I'll never go bigger than a 6" lift and 35s because if how much i tow but 37s would look good

#4 ·
i always wanted 37's but I've read plenty of threads where people either went from 35's to 37's and said they lost ride quality.. or went from 37's to 35's and said they liked the ride quality that much more.

#8 ·
37s will take a pretty good size hit out of your MPG. Thats about at the point were regearing is worth while. With that 37s will do just fine. It wont struggle or anything but the performance and easy driveabilty of the truck will go down. 35s are prob gonna be 400-600 cheaper per set also. You could do the 4" and something like a 295/65 20 which is 35.5x12.5ish and have a little of both worlds.

I currently have 295/60 20s on my LMM which is a 34.5x12.5 tire. With stock 3.73s there is a VERY noticable difference when towing my car which is prob 6500-7000 on the trailer over even the 305/55s that were on it. Its amazing that little bit can make a difference. Truck doesnt struggle but on inclines were previously it would hold a gear sometimes it might downshift now.

#9 ·
i was recenly leveld pn 33s and about a week ago got the bds 7in lift on toyo mt 37s and i love it , looks way better than a 6in on 35s. Havent felt the need to re gear unless i plan on towing a toyhauler in the future

#10 ·
The only thing really I will be towing will be a tractor on a 18' trailer. Tractor weighs about 3k Id say around 4-4500 total. I pulled it find with my 1/2 ton I just sold on 33's. I don't know I might just bite the bullet and do the 37's with 20's. The 37's OTD are 1900. It will mostly be for me to drive back and forth to work. Thanks for the info!

#17 ·
i really like the kit , i did go with the fox shocks upgrade and cognito ucas and it rides like a dream! just need to put deaver springs on the rear and it will be complete . my front fender hight is 49.25 so its pretty tall

#19 ·
My truck started with 37s then went to 35's and regretted it as soon as I lowered the lift. Back with 37's now and get way more complements. May run 38's with my next set here soon. 37's to me just stand out more on the Chevys than 35's do, it's less common for me to see anyways. Best of luck either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.