Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a gas 6.0 and loved it. She had about 10" lift and 37s. Unfortunately a tree fell on it and totaled it. Now I'm looking to buy a dmax like I should have the first time. I am looking at one on Craigslist I really like. It's a 03 lb7 with sun cost trans kory willis tune boost increase valve and 5" exhaust. Very nice looking truck with only 170k miles. The guy says the balance rates are off on some of the injectors.he also says he thinks it blew a oil seal because it is leaking oil so bad. Is this anything major? I'm new to duramax so bare with me. I also read this oil leak could be caused by the bad injectors??? Please help me before I go look at it Friday. I am gonna do all the work my self also.thanks

·
Registered
959 Posts
figure about 4k, for an injector job and leaking oil, that can't be cheep, these trucks are expensive to repair, anyone who says otherwise hasn't fixed these..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Depends on where the oil leak is,, injectors on a lb7 are a pain in the a#$.. And about 2,000$$ for them give or take, depends on what you buy.. 10+ hour job if you know what your doing.. If you have the time and friends to help it can be done.. 170,000 miles isn't bad it still has plenty of life left. If you get a good deal for it id say go for it.. Maybe you can get a few thousand off for the work it needs..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found remanded injectors for about 1200 and I will do it myself. I read somewhere on here that the oil could be from the injectors could be in the oil making it overflow

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
I found remanded injectors for about 1200 and I will do it myself. I read somewhere on here that the oil could be from the injectors could be in the oil making it overflow
I wouldn't go with the cheapest injectors, it's cheaper in the long run to buy quality and have them last longer!

Give the guys at Lincoln Diesel a call.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These were bosh remand. those are not good? But my question must have been mis understood. Is the oil overflow a big deal if infact it is comin from the hose up by the pully on the front? Should I have to worry about fixing anything down there other than injectors? Thanks for the comments! I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Injectors are the only common problem, about $1900 if you get them from Lincoln diesel and do it yourself, as for the oil leak, depends where it is.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Does it smoke a lot?? Is the oil level high?? If you have a stuck injector or injectors it'll fill the engine with diesel.. Does not say in your question if you have seen or gone over the the truck yet??

·
Registered
15 Posts
If there is an injector leaking that much fuel into the oil to cause it to overflow I'd be damn sure to stay away from it. That much fuel in the oil would dilute it so bad that there has to be severe damage already done to the motor.

·
Registered
257 Posts
^^^^ x2

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think I know which ones you're thinking of and I wouldn't use em (Diesel Logic?). Saw a bunch of unsatisfied reviews on their injectors. I would definitely go with Lincoln Diesel IF you do end up getting this truck. But that oil issue could cause some problems. I think the trans and EFI are throwing you off on how much your about to spend after buying it. How much do you have to spend on a new truck? If your at 17k+ you could look into cheaper stock LB7 (and then mod some afterwards) or a LLY or even a decently priced (not so loaded) LBZ. Just my opinion though, oh and you will enjoy having a Duramax :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No I have not seen the truck yet. Is that what I need to check for? Oil level and all that good stuff to see if that's the problem? And they guy said he didn't run it after it started leaking. If I go look I'm going to change the oil there and drove it a good while to see how the motor sounds. If I'm thinking correctly it should not leak much into motor while its diving if it's the injectors?? Thanks for all the replys!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And it's really cheap as it is. He is asking 13500 but I will not pay more than 11500 for the truck. It's very clean and looks well taken care of...other than the problems mentioned obviously

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Know this is old now but just letting yall know I got the truck.it was the rear main that was bad. I knew it was this because I could see it puffing while it was running and the oil had no deisel in it. I got the seal back in. (Had to buy the dang tool I didnt know about until almost ready to put in) and should be driving it this weekend. Just waiting on new torque converter bolts. Figures may as well change them. Thanks for all the replys!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.