Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy new tires for my truck soon. My wheels are 20x9 XD SPY's, they have a -12 offset so they stick out kind of wide. I currently run 285/55s and had some rubbing at first until I took a sawzall to it. My question is, what size should I go back with? I'm debating between 275/60, 285/55, and 295/55. Can you all post some pictures of these setups? And give some good honest reviews on my options. Thanks alot

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to add that I will be putting a leveling kit on it also,,,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Been happy with my Nitto TerraGraps. I also run a 285-55-20 and they fit perfect, after a little/lot of trimming.

Honestly don't waste your $$ on a leveling kit... All they do is let you crank the bars a little further which is super bad for front end components and the ride is gonna suck!! If you want the truck taller, invest in a real lift.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1418234934.564252.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the picture, your truck looks killer. I've been reading a lot of forums and I believe I'm going to stick with the 285's. Might add some wheels spacers to the rear for a better stance.

·
Registered
599 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Here is 295/55/20 trail grapplers with -12 offset.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will the 295's rub on the old body style?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Will the 295's rub on the old body style?
Yes. I have 295's. 1.5" blocks in the rear and Front cranked with trimming. It's tight but works.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
They might rub a little, I can't say for sure but I think the older body style had more room in the fender well than the LMM. To be honest, I would have went with a 285 if they had the Trail Grapplers in that size, but I am happy with how the 295s look and I had to do the large fender mod to make them work.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
295/55/20 on +18 offset with 3" drop shackles and the torsion bar bolts backed all the way out with 1/4 inch spacers up front and 2" in the back with no rubbing.. lol

Stock suspension:

·
Registered
599 Posts
^... One huge difference +18 offset is a game changer compared to a -12.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What exactly is the large fender mod?

·
Registered
599 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
^... One huge difference +18 offset is a game changer compared to a -12.

It's a decent difference, yes-but running spacers on all four corners changes pokes them back out a good bit much where zero or negative offset wheels would sit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts