Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 2500 with the trailer brake switch on the dash next to the 4wheel drive knob when I hook any kind of trailer up to it with brakes I get no reading of on the dash or any brakes on the trailer itself checked the fuse and I have all the lights on the trailer. Took the truck to the dealership and they told me that the brake system wasn’t in this truck. So idk we’re to go from here should I just get a aftermarket controller. Kinda lost with hole thing any advice would be much appreciated thank you

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'd find a new dealer. The switch wouldn't be there if you didn't have the brake controller. In my experience, no message on the truck usually means something wrong with trailer or ground issue. Pull the trailer brake fuse and see if you get a message on the dash

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd find a new dealer. The switch wouldn't be there if you didn't have the brake controller. In my experience, no message on the truck usually means something wrong with trailer or ground issue. Pull the trailer brake fuse and see if you get a message on the dash

I tried it on two different 5th wheel camp trailers and a gooseneck and I’ve had no success. And I well never buy or doing any business with a dealer ever again trust me on that I just want the dam thing to work

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I tried it on two different 5th wheel camp trailers and a gooseneck and I’ve had no success. And I well never buy or doing any business with a dealer ever again trust me on that I just want the dam thing to work
Start with the fuse. It's a micro j case. Truck should give a service trailer system message when you pull it

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Checked the fuse it’s there and in good shape anyother tips?
Did you pull it to see if got the message on the dic

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I would test plug next. Hook a test light to the plug ground and brake pin and have someone actuate the switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would test plug next. Hook a test light to the plug ground and brake pin and have someone actuate the switch.

I got no light on the test light for the trailer brake on the plug but everything else on the plug worked fine

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I got no light on the test light for the trailer brake on the plug but everything else on the plug worked fine
Dealer might have been right. There is a module above the spare tire and I bet it's missing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts