Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated, motor acts like it wants to hesitate and cut out. Today I was pulling my trailor and after coming up a hil I would push into the throttle and got no response. It started hesitating when I pushed into it. I would let. And baby it. Right now its doin fine. What could be causing this?

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Oh yea. Its an 05 LLY. One more question what is the normal warm temp on these?
Normal temp on the gauge will read anywhere from 180-210. Doesn't mean a thing. They are crap, the temp only really gets to around 185. As for the problem. Replace your fuel filter. They are notorious for screwing things up on these trucks

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
ya replace the fuel filter and repalce the stock turbo mouthpiece with either a lbz or the afe mouthpiece. The lly one is very restictive and could be causing some of the heating issue.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Normal temp on the gauge will read anywhere from 180-210. Doesn't mean a thing. They are crap, the temp only really gets to around 185. As for the problem. Replace your fuel filter. They are notorious for screwing things up on these trucks
the factory gauge is actually very accuarate..and it does mean something. 180-210 is normal depending on what you are doing or how hot it is outside etc.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
On an LLY it is fairly simple, just a tight squeeze. The filter is located up on the firewall on the passenger side

1. Unplug sensor at bottom of filter
2. Unscrew the sensor from the bottom of the filter
3. Unscrew the filter
4. Screw on new filter
5. Screw on sensor
6. Plug in sensor
7. Unscrew bleeder screw on top of the assembly
8. Pump finger pump until diesel comes out of the bleeder
9. Screw bleeder screw back in
10. Start truck

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
the factory gauge is actually very accuarate..and it does mean something. 180-210 is normal depending on what you are doing or how hot it is outside etc.
Guess its just mine then. Had it plugged into my buddies EFI Live for a scan and it read 179 while the guage was straight up at 210

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not just yours. Mine moves in between the quarter mark to 210. It really depends on the RPM's from what I have gathered paying attention to it. At night it seems to post a cooler temp no matter what. The oil pressure guage also bothers me a lil. It never makes it to the 60 mark and idles below the quarter mark when warm.

I hope this is just the fuel filter and nothing else. I dont want the decision to buy this truck to be a bad one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Oh yea, it's hard to get a good grip coming from the top. You might need to take the fender liner off and then try.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts