Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have EFI in my truck and its all stock bu the tune and exhaust......i want my truk to sound like jet at idle like the new lmm so im gunna close my vvt at idle with the efi....has anybody experinced the problem of shutting the truck off nd the VVT sencer is still humming after the truck is shut off....it willl hum for about 15 sec then stop is theis normal? will it hurt it? and if its not normal then the guy is tuning it wrong and i need you guys to help me with the settings in efi! HELP:help

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Its not normal. Set the vanes table back to stock. Just copy and paste the whole table from your stock tune.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does yours set like a jet at idle

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
I thought if u wanted it to sound like jet ur vanes would have to be open? Closing them makes it rumble doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idkk on thread on here it said close them...idk wat to believe

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lets search for it

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
closing them will give it the hairdryer sound. You cant set them to 100% at idle. Try somewhere around 80%.

·
Registered
249 Posts
closing it will make it sound like a jet it is the same thing as the high idle when it is cold out. If you just move to North Dakota you just get the pleasure of hearing your high idle all winter and freezing hahaha:rof

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay i will try it our meeting is at 1:00 pm so the more feed back i get the more things i can try...what is your vvt set to at idle? i will try 80% some body else told me to set the first couple cells in the map to 0......idk what to do

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
0 will make it rumble like an LB7. Thats what I have on 4 out my 5 DSP tunes. I have it stock on my tow tune and I use that position for warming the truck up.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so close it or open it? i dont have a DSP5

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
set what to 80%?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
set what to 0%?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Set nothing to 0. Set it at about 80 at 600 to 800 RPM and 0 to 30 MM3

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
And are you talking about the turbo turning after you shut the ignition off. I know mine did when It was stock. The turbo would spool down for about 5 seconds.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no the vain position sencor and the guy said not to set it at 80 he set it at 10 befor and it didnt do it and he did it at 0 and it still didnt sound like jet so im guna try 80

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
does any body know a efi live tuner around lake charles louisiana

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Open the veins isn't that the jet like? Opening it would be higher percentage right?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
right..but i dont know what to do im guna message idahorob and see what he says i would stil like some feedback and options and i will print this thread and give it to my tuner, thanks for all the feedback!

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Open the veins isn't that the jet like? Opening it would be higher percentage right?
right..but i dont know what to do im guna message idahorob and see what he says i would stil like some feedback and options and i will print this thread and give it to my tuner, thanks for all the feedback!
Wrong. Closing them will be a higher percentage.

.....0-10% from 0-20 mm3 and 0 up to 1000 rpm will make it rumble like an LB7.

70-90% from 0-20 mm3 and 0 up to 1000 rpm will make sound like a jet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts