Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start the truck up, my vanes are sticking (no hissing) and im reading no boost pressure, and truck has no power. i checked the boost gauge and all the boost tubes for leaks and found nothing wrong. we also hooked up my truck to efi and ran the vane test and it passed. also no codes or check engine lights were tripped so im completely baffled. heard rumors of some vane sensor by the turbo that could be bad but unsure. NEED HELP ASAP!!!

please help guys if anyone has any ideas??

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump bump...

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Got to be a sensor if everything else is ruled out

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Edit: Nevermind, you stated you checked it...

Did you perhaps damage the wires going to the sensor when you changed the mouthpiece out? Or pulled the wire loose?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the mouthpiece has been on since xmas, and it just started doing it yesterday, any ideas how much the sensor costs?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump......

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
idk, to be honest im open to any suggestion? i just want it fixed

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no boost i think, maybe a few psi if im lucky, the thing that confuses me the most is that its not throwing any codes?

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
u should go try and drive to see what happens when u floor it and then go to the higher rpms, sensor or not there should be boost at some point

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok would the sensor and solenoid both be bad or just one of them?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dang, im at a loss, im not sure what to do?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea we did the vane test with efi, and the vanes worked, it started hissing on and off

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
im not familiar with that , im sorry hands on is my thing not over writing , im trying to help out lol. so when u drove around u could see all the percentage for vvt position

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no i dont think we did that test? btw im really appreciating the help. how do i do that test?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts