Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I turn on my ignition and let the glow plug light to go off and it never did. So I turned it off and on again and let it sit. Finally I cranked it and it threw a DTC, and it threw 8 codes that each glow plugs has circuit issues. I use the search function but I did not find anything.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to update you today guys, I went to crank my truck today and the battery warning light came up, stating that the battery is not charging. Do you think the alternator is the problem for it glow plugs DTC?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sometimes a delayed shutoff of the glow plug light is weak batteries. Sounds like a battery/alternator problem to me, rather than the glow plugs themselves. How old ae your batteries? Does it crank OK?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I cranked it again this morning, I let the glow plug light stay on for around a minute and it never went off. So I just cranked it and the battery light came on.

The battery is fairly new, it is a interstate battery, I will check the date on the battery. I feel like the alternator is the problem, so if the battery or alternator is bad it can cause the glow plug light to stay on?

When I pulled the code for the check engine light, it had (8) codes, each code states that glow plug number 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, and 8 has circuit issues. I hope it is not the Glow Plug module or the PCM. If it is the battery or alternator that is a cheaper fix.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The code I am receiving is P0671 to P0678, meaning glow plugs circuit from cylinder 1 to 8 have issues.

The two batteries are fairly new. So I am thinking alternator.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
prolly have bad glow plugs in those cylinders

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
prolly have bad glow plugs in those cylinders
How long does glow plugs usually last. It is hard for me to think that that all glow plugs go bad at the same time. Then again this is my first diesel truck. I thought it could be the control module for the glow plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts