Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Need help picking tires

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Alliance1289 
#1 ·
I am looking for 35/12.5/20 All-Terrain not really sure which ones to get between nitto, kumho, toyo, etc. i am looking for a quiet tire that i can get good mileage out of. i mainly drive the truck on the street but from time to time go off roading and tow a 9000lbs toyhauler to the sand and dirt. price isnt really an issue i am willing to pay more for a better tire. thanks for the input

#2 ·
Im a fan of bfg's Willing to bet most of your votes you will get on here will be toyos

#3 ·
I had the Dick Cepek Fun Country IIs & I loved them. Plus, they're great in loose pack stuff like gravel & sand where most other A/Ts aren't.

#4 ·
I'm fix'n to get a set of nitto dune grapplers to replace the toyo a/t on my truck now.
Toyo tires were pretty good I have put over 20k on them since I bought the truck and had my front suspension bushings go out twice in that time, so there was more life in them than I got to use cause of the wear from the alignment being out.

#5 ·
take a look at M/T's ATZ's .

#6 ·
my baja ATZ's were decent tires... got about 45K out of them.... just when you get down to the last 20% or so its time to change them out... no real grip in rain or snow from my experience

#10 ·
I just run them in the summer ( 5th summer) and they get abused mud , track , street race etc . I have been caught 3 times in snow/ice and performed way better than expected w/about 50% of tread .
Im down to 5/32 on the fronts and 7/32 on the rear (just rotated a few weeks ago) and have no problem stopping in the rain but have to agree taking off on a wet road can be tricky or fun depending on how you look at it .

#7 ·
I have the Revo 2's and they have been great so far. They, suprisingly, have great traction everywhere I've gone with them. I have about 20k on them right now and they look like they did the day I bought them. Good luck. There are definitely alot of great options.

#9 ·
I have had great luck out of BFG AT's. I have the second set on my truck now and they handle great. I put over 40K on my first set and changed them out when they still had some life left in them. My new set has about 7K on them now. Best all terrain tire I have had so far, but I know there are a lot of good ones on the market. This one has just done great for me. My next tire will be a Nitto Trail Grappler MT though.

#11 ·
I bought my truck with toyo m/t tires and put around 30k on them and they still have 15-20% tread and they are quiet imo but I just bought nitto trail grapplers and I love them, the look, the ride, the DEEP tread and they are a little cheaper than toyos. :thumb

#12 ·
Cognito UCA kit now time for tires and wheels

Anyone suggest size of wheel and tire for 04-05 GMC 2500 without putting a lift kit on? Want to beef it up a bit but don't want to do too much trrimming. I've seen some say stick with 16" and go big on the tire and others say 18" wheel and avg size tire. If anyone can point me to some pics that would help a lot. I've heard good stuff about Nitro's but how long do they last on the 3/4 tons? More street driving but still like to play in the mud of course :help

#13 ·
Anyone suggest size of wheel and tire for 04-05 GMC 2500 without putting a lift kit on? Want to beef it up a bit but don't want to do too much trrimming. I've seen some say stick with 16" and go big on the tire and others say 18" wheel and avg size tire. If anyone can point me to some pics that would help a lot. I've heard good stuff about Nitro's but how long do they last on the 3/4 tons? More street driving but still like to play in the mud of course :help
I would go no bigger than a 17" wheel ,the tires really jump up in price after that.

#14 ·
That's what I've heard and don't have a bunch of cash to pump into wheels and tires like most do...thanks

#15 ·
My vote goes to Kumho Venture KL78's, been great to me soo far.

#17 ·
My buddy recommended Hankook and he has been selling tires for at least 10 yrs...think that's the ticket. Looks like I'm down to size :thumb

#18 ·
Well 285's on the stock wheel fit on with just turning the bars up about an 1"1/4. I just did mine a week ago with new bfg's and my brother has 305's on his stock wheels with the bars turned up about the whole way.

#20 ·
i liked my general grabber at2's

#22 ·
I have 305/60R18s Nitto Terra Graplers on my rig. My torsion bars dropped all the way down in the front with 2" drop shackles and the overload spring removed in the back.

-Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.