Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished replacing my 5 injectors. an injector that i didnt replace has a problem. it happend about 30 seconds after i started the truck. i belive that it suck something into the injector and the plunger is stuck open. please is there anything i can do to fix that with out tearing down that side again. i put injector cleaner in and am hoping that letting it sit over night will help clean it out but does anybody have any helping pointers i need them i do not want to redo this and change that injector

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Great place to get Duramax information.

You should state what engine you have- I assume it is a LB7. If you fill out your signature under "User CP" at the top, it will show when you ask a question.

First-- IF, it is a LB7-- the injector lines build rust and it is necessary to clean them very good, before you install them. The install and removal breaks stuff loose, and that goes right into the injector. Most guys replace all the injectors on a LB7, because it is a PIA to get to them. The other engines are much easer to replace, but also they do not have the injector problems the LB7 engine does.

Good Luck

The only fix is to tear it down again. Sorry

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Yep. It sucks, tear it down again. Hope it's on the easy side.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Didn't know there was an easy side to the LB7. :rof

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no its deffinatnly on the hard side. the passanger side was fairly easy but the driverside with all the wiring, steering shaft, and super close fire wall make it all the worst side.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Dude, that sucks. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
truck runs good but the only thing is that there is one problem still the SES light come on and the code say fuel temp problem. what could cause this? otherwise i got the injector clean by doing this i took the fuel filter off and drained it and dumped half a small bottle of lucas injector cleaner into it then put it on the truck and primed it and started the truck let it run to get the cleaner into the injectors. turned the truck off and let it sit overnight. i started it in the morning and it still had a little noise still. i feathered the throttle a little bit and let it warm up. the noise stopped and when away the smoke stopped and the truck seems to run good.

i just want to know what is makeing that code come up. and lucas injector cleaner is the best nothing like it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts