Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i got into my truck and i realized that all of my controls on drivers door dont work including the windows the locks the mirrors heated seats wont work. just ever control.. even the drivers turn signal on my mirror dont work... my window is down and wont go back up... anyone please help!! thank you for help!!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sometimes the wires running to the power seat will rub through between the carpet and the floorboard and create a open should blow a fuse tho too

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is a control module that works all those things

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
BCM=Body Control Module.......but are you sure the batteries are 14volts etc.
I would say yours needs a reflash!Did this happen all of a sudden or what,you aren't giving us much details....

·
7,336 Posts

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
hey all of a sudden my trucks heated seats just come on when thay want could it be the bcm???

·
7,336 Posts
Hard to say man,I know some people swear the reflashes help with intermittent trouble,but if a wire gets chafed or shorted then it'll never work properly[or at least when ya want it to]..
Moving this to 911 section

·
Registered
69 Posts
The most common chafing problem on a GMT900 and the SUV's is just to the left of the parking brake. The wiring harnesses are run tight there and the parking brake can and will rub through causing very very bizarre electrical malfunctions that happen all at once but otherwise have no common circuitry or fuses.

Everyone should take a few minutes to check their trucks out. If you see any signs of rub or potential, use some good zip ties to pull the wiring harness up and out of the way. Cycle the parking brake pedal by hand a few times while looking up and to the left of the mechanism and you should be able to see where the potential lies.

·
7,336 Posts
yes you are RIGHT ON!!A tell tale sign is the cig lighter fuse will keep blowing,but strangely enough the obd2 port is on the same 15 amp underhood fuse!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i checked all fuses which there isnt a fuse for the drivers door. i checked the wires between the door and frame nothing... took the door panel off and made sure all the wires were connected.. finallly i just called a gm dealer and the guy thinks its the whole switch gone bad.. so tmr morning i gotta take it 30 miles with the window down.. haha.. but the only question i have now is, since i voided all warranty on my truck by takin exhaust off and chiped will they like black card me?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts