Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 chevy 2500 hd duramax allison 5 speed trans 2 wheel drive. Mods are fresh air intake full exhaust and edge turner. There is 160,000 mile on it and it like new. About 10,000 mile ago i had the dealer do a full service changing all the fluids and servicing the trans. The first time i tried to tow with it after that. The truck goes into limp mode PO700 code. And that happens when the truck hits any kind of grade or hill. And almost certian if cruise is been used. Its kicks out of 5 th downshifts and goes into limp. I have to stop clear code and continue. The truck runs prefect other than that. Very frustrated can you help

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sounds to me like a trans limp. Once it happens, it will only become more frequent. Don't know much about the edge tuners, but I know a stock 5 speed really doesn't like a tune of +80hp.

Probably time for a trans build, sorry if that's the case.

P0700 is a generic trans code. There will be more detailed codes under that p0700 umbrella. Gotta find a better scanner

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
P0700 is a generic trans code. There will be more detailed codes under that p0700 umbrella. Gotta find a better scanner
Absolutely correct. Without a scanner that will read all of your computers, you are flying blind.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Unhook that edge tuner they had a lot of electrical issues with those back in the day.Unless it was sent back to edge to get reflashed. just a thought.

Reactions: ChevyTech77

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Sounds to me like a trans limp. Once it happens, it will only become more frequent. Don't know much about the edge tuners, but I know a stock 5 speed really doesn't like a tune of +80hp.

Probably time for a trans build, sorry if that's the case.

P0700 just means that the Allison controller (TCM) asked the ecm to turn the mil on because the Allison controller can’t do it.

Agreed on all fronts...
1. Edge controllers are not the greatest.
2. 5spd Allisons don’t like much more hp than stock. 5th gear is pretty weak.
3. You have codes in the Allison controller (TCM).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts