Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my distributors need some help, Will a 2004 front back kit fit on a LLY engine? Or did GM change the flange on that front pipe. If everything is the same, then our kit will work, if not, then we'll need to make up a new front pipe for the LLY engines....Please let me know guys! And thanks for all your help!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
this is a dumb question,but are you talking about the exhaust turbo down pipe?sorry for this question

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
IIRC they are the same. they changed it on the LBZ, that I know for sure since it is slip-pipe and not 4 bolt flange. I know a lb7 front pipe will fit on a LLY with no problems. Many people have deleted the cat in this way. So, this would mean that it would work.....downpipe (or turbo) back.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i put a 5" single t/b on my 05 LLY but i wanted to try the duals 4" t/b exhaust so i took the 5" off and put it on my 06 LBZ and didn't have a lick of problems interchangeing between the two....

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
IIRC they will all interchange except 06+ but the only difference there is the flange after the cat!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all your help!!!! You guys rock. I just wanna make sure I give my distributor the right answers. I wanna make the customer and the distributor happy!!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
in 06 they eliminated the four bolt flange, other than that they are all the same LB7, LLY, and LBZ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts