Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is in a 2006 GMC savanah with the duramax in it. I parked at a gas station and left it running when I went inside to get a drink. Came back about 5 min or less later, and the check engine light was on along with the brake light and abs. went to drive away and it felt like it was starting in 2nd and not shifting. According to the scanner it's a code u0101, lost connection with the TCM. Where is this connection? I'm hoping it's just loose/dirty and I can clean it and be on my way. Anybody else have this problem?

If it makes a difference, the batteries were dead and I had to jump the van this morning. It drove fine for a little and then when I stopped to get something is when the problem arose.
I've heard there was an issue with jump starting the trucks it could burn out the ground in the tcm, but that's with an allison setup and this van doesn't have that. I don't even know where the tcm is in this thing

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Not sure on the location on yours, but the jumping issue arises when a + cable comes in contact with the TCM, torching the internal ground. (or, someone attaches the ground cable to the TCM to jump Downerrr)

Why were the batts dead? What's goin' on there? Strange stuff happens with low voltage.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
an interior light was left on for I'm guessing a week. jump starting and driving seemed to bring them back but today it's dead again. I guess now I need to buy new batteries....maybe that will help.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
U0101 is common to see with uber dead batts.

Premium Member
Moved to VANs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts