Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have the front of my truck taken apart in order to install this DDM HID kit tonight. I removed the grill, fender liner, 2-10mm bolts on the top of the headlight assembly and the 1-10mm bolt at the bottom of the headlight assembly towards the fender liner. The headlight assembly wiggles but I can't get it out. Am I missing something here? I thought there were 3-10mm bolts and it pulled out which I did, but I don't want to break it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I found a Youtube video for NBS 1500's. Anyone know if 1500 headlights are the same as 2500HD's?

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
There is a third bolt hiding under the bumper cover.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Remove the grille. It is only four bolts and a few clips.

I just replaced all the bulbs up front in mine today actually, it took about 15 minutes.

We are lucky we don't drive Mazda 6's, those the whole bumper has to come off on!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have removed the grill and all 3-10mm bolts but the headlight feels like it is still attached but it wiggles. I need to know if I should just pull harder or if I'm missing something and will break it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, does it look like this is all connected correctly and then I just plug the one left into where the OEM bulb connects to but backwards for polarity?

Attachments

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Are you just installing the bulbs? If you are then you don't have to pull the housings. Remove the drivers battery bad the air box and you can get to them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There is a metal clip holding it to the plastic valence behind the bumper on the outside by the fender.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bulbs only, don't know how to pull the air box. How would I get the metal clip off?

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Unplug the maf sensor then use a screw driver to loosen the clamp. A few good tugs will get the entire assembly to pop out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts