Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing an egr delete on my duramax and I read about the firewall hose running towards the front of the block but the kit i got had a small u shaped hose and I'm not sure why its shorter and shaped that way also what do I do with the other line that went into the cooler as well?

·
Registered
163 Posts
On the LMM the U shaped hose is installed on the firewall. No additional lines are needed, if i remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
The outboard nipple for your heater core connects to the hose coming up from the right (passengers side) of the engine, Now is a good time to change that old, probably brittle and cracked hose so it does not blow out and leave you on the side of the road somewhere.

The U shaped hose connects the inboard nipple to the line running over from your Turbo.

Both those nipples from the heater core have plastic slip on, quick connect, fittings. Remove them!! You need a quick connect removal tool to get them off it is a PITA but well worth it because if you dont' do it now, you will be doing it when they begin to leak. They are a known leak point and they are not necessary. Use worm gear clamps to secure the hoses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts