Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know what to do about this code, its not showing up as a CEL, however I know its there. I hate knowing theres something wrong with my truck, but I dont know how to go about fixing it.

I replaced the intake air heater relay and the glow plug relay, after doing this I reset all the codes. Then I tried turning the glow plug relay on through a scanner (snap on scanner) and almost instantly it came up saying "Glow Plug Timer Time-Out Active" is this normal?

When monitoring glow plug voltage at idle, it was at 14.4v with the Relay off, according to the snap on scanner tips at idle it should read 0.0 to 0.2 Could this be my problem? How can I fix it? (not the relay apparently)

Lastly, I checked the MAF sensor. The Snap on tips say that it should be about 45-50 GM/Sec I noted that mine was around 41-43, and Ive seen a MAF code on the truck before, is this to be worried about?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a loose wire, seems to be a ground wire. Could this be the cause of a code? Seems to easy....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts