Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a qualified Duramax mechanic in the Houston area. I have a newly rebuilt motor that wont fire off. Mechanic on the project drug up and left me stranded, if you even know of somebody that qualifies PLEASE let me know. This is a hotshotters truck that he makes his living off of. I need to get it going ASAP. I know that I am new here and am asking alot, but I belong to a lot of these sites and most of ya'll are good ole boys willing to help out when needed. So let me say thanks in the advance.

Joe

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Dumb question following.......

Did this mechanic bleed the air out of the fuel system?
Do you have a security light?

If you haven't already done so You could contact site member Eric Merchant (dmaxallitech). His phone number is on his site gmdieseltech.com. He's not in texas, but he might be able to talk you through it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK dumb answer what security light? Is it on the dash? The original mechanic pulled the motor and then drug up over night, leaving me high and dry. So any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
OK dumb answer what security light? Is it on the dash? The original mechanic pulled the motor and then drug up over night, leaving me high and dry. So any help is greatly appreciated.
Well, depending on the year of the truck, it could look like a little padlock or if it was an 03 or older, it would be a big square that said security. It either sounds like air in the fuel system or a passlock failure to me. But, Towmaster is right, contact ETDRAG. I forgot that he was in the texas area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts