Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2004 gmc 2500HD and this morning I went to check my antifreeze and when I took the cap off there was a ton of pressure (the truck sat in garage all night).I have never had this on any other vehicle just wondering if something might be wrong.Top radiator hose was pretty firm but not so much I coundnt squeeze it a little.Is this normal or should I worry.Thanks.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Take the cap and soak in warm soapy water... Fill out your signature so we know what you got.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the caps get plugged over time and not vent right so you soak them?thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its soaking in soapy water right now.I havent noticed any smoke or antifreeze smells coming out of exhaust,and my antifreeze level has not dropped much.The other day i drove it for about an hour and then it set at idle for 5 mins or so and I noticed a little antifreeze dripping out of over flow hose,truck was not hot and did not get hot it only got up to 210 degrees.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That don't sound good bud... Sounds like HG to me...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any ways to know for sure without having to take to dealership?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So now today we took the kids to mcdonalds and on the way there the heater was not getting warm.when we stopped i noticed alot of anti freeze running out of overflow.Checked temp and it was just over 160.Then on the way home in about 1/2 mile temp gauge shot up almost to the red and heater got warm turned it off immediatley and all the antifreeze was gone out of over flow tank.let it set for 15 min and started it back up and it never got over 200 the rest of the way home about 5 miles.Could I get lucky and it be a thermostat.Or do I have bigger problems?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts