1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck stalled this morning and cel came on. In route to change
fuel filter. I was driving normal (around 75) then the cel came on
and started to run like crap. Then I disconnected the battery and drove
only acouple of miles and it did it agian.

Thks guys

·
Registered
362 Posts
Be more specific about it ran like crap. Did it go into reduced engine power? Did it just feel like it wasn't getting fuel? Would it not go over 2000rpm?

My first thought is that you are experiencing the injector harness issue. Where the #2 and #7 injector harnesses are not making a good connection. This is a known issue on the 2005.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just Changed fuel filter same thing, a couple of miles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will run fine, then have a rough idle with no power
can't keep it a 2000 rpms

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
i would go the autozone or any other major parts store and have them scan the codes, we cant help much not knowing what the codes are.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Does it try to die on you when you are trying to get to 2000 rpm's or does it just sound like it is going to blow apart?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More like it's gonna blow....
I'll see when truck gets to a shop

·
Registered
362 Posts
How many miles on it?

Really sounds like the injector harness. You can check the harness at the alternator bracket. One of the issues is that the alternator bracket rubs through the harness causing it to short out. Inspect the wires for any rub throughs. If it is rubbed through you can tape it back up and be back on your way. Also check the harness at the #2 injector. Make sure it is plugged in all the way. You can do a search on here for the ice pick fix. You can try that to keep the connection good. If you take it to the shop there is a TSB on the injector harness issue. They will replace it at no charge if you are under 50K miles on the clock. If not then you are looking at around $500 or so if that is the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wanna say thanks guys, yall have been
a really big help. It's an injector harness
I'm gettin one this afternoon, should have
her runnin soon. Just turned 103000.
Again thanks alot...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts