Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to have a trailer custom built for my commercial need. I live in Montreal Canada and I talk to someone that work for the "DOT" in Canada and that person told me that if I have a trailer with 33' with a pick-up, I don't need to make log books or stop at weight station.

I'm looking to get the same information from someone in the USA. The reason is that I will use the trailer mostly in the USA and I don't want to make log books and stop at weight station.

What is the longest trailer I can get before beiing involved in those regulations ?

Thanks a lot

David

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trailor

I will use it for one reason... carrying my own sample to trade shows... it's not for making any delivery

David

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dot

I am in British Columbia and I tow a 24' bobcat trailer and I have to stop at all scales. Ask the DOT to put in writing that you don't have to stop at scales(have them sign it too) that way if you get pulled over you can't get in trouble.

·
Registered
85 Posts
log books

Here in Beautiful BC you only have to have a log book if you do not return to YOUR home base at night or after your shift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts