Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have (see description) I just recently got some new tires (305/55R20 Cooper ST Maxxis) and some nice rims. I've already had to cut a small bit off my front bumper and do some grinding on the front of my inner fender lining to minimize that catching rubbing sound thats super loud. I had weather tech mudflaps (which i did like highly reccomend if your situation allows) but the front ones had to come off and the back ones do not do much good with the width of tire. I need some new ones to keep rocks from hitting my doors. I was thinking these https://www.truckhardware.ca/products/575 but am willing to take any suggestions.

Also as you can tell from that last picture the front driver side tire still rubs a little bit on the far inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Google Long John Mudflaps. I personally have never used them or seen them but i saw on a different thread. They are long, wide and customizable (Can be cut to length).

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Put this brand on my truck they have been on there for 2 years and still look good. I drive 3 miles of river gravel roads to get to the highway.
CRE Mud flaps | CRE Splash Guards

·
Registered
318 Posts
the gator back mud flaps you listed in that truck hardware link are by far the best mudflap you can possibly run. I have ran them on my last 3 trucks and will run nothing else. <any dealers here in western canada also install them on there newer and lifted truck right off the lot. The offset bracket that you can purchase with them is tought as nails, and the offset coverage is awsome... 5/8's- 1 1/2 offset soverage to be exact. They mount perfectly and come with great stainless hardware. Duraflaps are nice and classy, but just aren't as strong as these gatorback flaps/brackets. once you mount the bracket, you can grab it and shake it and it literaly shakes the whole truck without moving the brackey.... money well spent and i will forever suggest them. Customization on the flap plates is also endless!

·
Registered
318 Posts
you can also order the flaps/brackets in 12" or 14" configurations.... they're expensive, but worth every penny

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I have the ones you were looking at. Little expensive for mud flaps but look awesome and are solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I will go with the gatorbacks but I was wondering how do they attach to the vehicle? Do you just drill them into the edge of the fender?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Yup. Gotta mock them up with the wheels on. Then take the wheels off to actually drill them to the fender

·
Registered
318 Posts
again, strongest flap in the game by far

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
The mud still finds its way to the side of the truck.....time for bushwacker's.

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
That's not mud, never left the pavement.

Figures the need for mud flaps will turn into a $1000 + job.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
352 Posts
the gator back mud flaps you listed in that truck hardware link are by far the best mudflap you can possibly run. I have ran them on my last 3 trucks and will run nothing else. <any dealers here in western canada also install them on there newer and lifted truck right off the lot. The offset bracket that you can purchase with them is tought as nails, and the offset coverage is awsome... 5/8's- 1 1/2 offset soverage to be exact. They mount perfectly and come with great stainless hardware. Duraflaps are nice and classy, but just aren't as strong as these gatorback flaps/brackets. once you mount the bracket, you can grab it and shake it and it literaly shakes the whole truck without moving the brackey.... money well spent and i will forever suggest them. Customization on the flap plates is also endless!
On their website it has them listed as 18 gauge for the universal offset flaps? That seems a little thin. Are yours thicker than that? I really like the way they look just a little concerned that seems thin for the stainless portion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered a set about 2 weeks ago and just got them today. Took a while to get them but then again they're coming from canada area i think and I live in nebraska. Only bought 1 set in case they didn't work on the front of my truck due to rubbing but by mockup it seems like they will. Should have them on at the end of the week and have some pictures up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.