Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cluster In my LBZ is dead. Speedo doesn't work at all even with a new stepper motor. Looked on the circuit board behind the speedo stepper motor and it has some burn marks :/
Where can I buy a new cluster for a decent price? I would almost like a escalade style that's black or white and lights up a nice white. If I'm buying aftermarket, than I want it to light up white, if I go stock I can put my US Speedo overlay on at least, but where can I get one for a decent price?
Anyone selling one at all?

Also, is the miles stored in the cluster or the ECM?

Also need a new or used steering wheel with controls if anyone has.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ouch....last time I saw a new/reman cluster for sale, it was ~$450.

Miles should be stored in the cluster. I know they are in my LB7.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealership here can get me one for $450 programmed even.
I'm gonna phone wreckers next week now, but was hoping someone has one laying around or could get one for a decent price?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i bought a reman one for 500, but its not stock, its more of the escalade style with blue led backlighting. i put new stepper motors in the old one but burnt the circuit board in the process, they all work except for the trans temp.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Diesel addiction, what's the specs on your rims to clear those 37's on your 18's with the zone?
Also, do you remember where you bought it from? I do want the escalade style more so.
I keep looking on eBay but every cluster is for the 03-05 style, or is an exchange program that requires a working cluster returned

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
they are 18x10 -25mm offset, but i also have a 2 inch add a leaf and torsion keys cranked. its getting lowered down soon, but yea the cluster i bought was exchange program also, which is why i lost 200 on it. it was 300 with a 200 core. but since mine had been tampered with they wouldnt accept it.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the same suspension set up than but currently on 35's. I have 37/13.50 mud grapplers to go on and just ordered 20x10 -21 offset wheels. Hoping I don't end up with a ton of rubbing.

Did you go through eBay for your exchange program or where did you go through?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
oh and im sure you can find one at a junkyard for real cheap to use as a core. thats what i was gonna do, but im to impatient haha. but if ur interested in seeing how mine looks i can send you some pics if u pm me ur number. im not good at figuring out how to put pics on here.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
yes ebay

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I got the same suspension set up than but currently on 35's. I have 37/13.50 mud grapplers to go on and just ordered 20x10 -21 offset wheels. Hoping I don't end up with a ton of rubbing.

Did you go through eBay for your exchange program or where did you go through?
i scrub a little on a full lock turn. but with urs bein -21, it wont be as bad as my -25.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
look up us speedo.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does us speedo sell complete clusters ?
I have one of there overlays already

·
Registered
17 cclb are 3500.
2,289 Posts
us speedo is close to me! I may go check them out one day!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Does us speedo sell complete clusters ?
I have one of there overlays already
Yes they sell complete clusters, do gauge faces, and are doing led conversions as well.

us speedo is close to me! I may go check them out one day!
Harry and Terri have a great company and are good people.

·
Registered
17 cclb are 3500.
2,289 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
google "circuit board trace repair". did you notice that some of your wires are burnt or a large section? you may be able to fix. I read something about this a week ago. small wire to bypass the burnt area. could save you some $$$

1 - 17 of 17 Posts