Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im in need of new shocks. im debateing wether to lift my truck right now or just get shocks and stay levled. if i would lift it i would be getting a 6 inch zone because i only do occasional offroading. my cv angles are not the greatest because of being levled but i cant lower it back down cause of tires rubbing. if i were to do just shocks. i was thinking bout doing the zone nitro shocks but i cant find to many reveiws. any opinions will be greatly appriciated

Attachments

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I would lift it.. Give you back flat cv's and far superior ride quality.

As far as the zone nitro shocks, i run them an haven't had any issues. They don't ride like bilstein 5100's obviously, but a great shock for the value imho. my stock shocks were pretty shot by the time i installed my lift and new shocks, so it actually rides better than stock for me (or at least what i was used to for a looong time)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i really wana i love the way my truck sits but i want a better ride and better cvs so i figured ill do a 6 inch zone if i do it and keep it at the hight to ware my cvs are level pry only sit about 2 inches higher than it is

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
you won't regret lifting it :thumb

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 7" bds hc lift. Its a road queen lol. It rides like a Cadillac clears 35*12.5 no problem. I ordered new 2.0 fox shocks, should of been here yesterday. What is your plan for your truck.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Lift it!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont have a set plan right now. it is my daily driver for now. once its paid off im getting something else and this truck is really gona get built up. id like to do some work performance wies trany twins injectors, but we will see as of right now im just doin cosmetic and a few performance. if i lift it i no its gona cut fuel mileage a little and i wont be able to go as fast but i dont race every friday night either so i dont really have a need to go fast, as for wanting all the extra power goodies i have thought it would be cool to take a lifted up heavy a$$ diesel to the drag strip and show the weight reduction ricer burners what some real power is. so all in all this is kinda what my plan is

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
small 4"-5" lift would be best imo.

Leveled is gay. it just messes up everything in your front end.

If I were you, I'd just get a cheap zone kit, maybe without shocks. and then go out and get a set of nice shocks on your own..... (IIRC one of the support vendors here is having a special on fox's... 99/ea). and then crank the keys all the way down. Should come out to like a ~5" lift, but have equal to, if not better, stock ride quality.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
If you like your ride height and tire size buy a cognito 4" and lower to the same height you are now. All your problems solve, better cv angles, better ride still go fast.........

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't won't to sound like your dad, but pay it off before u do all this. Enough preaching, If your gonna race it 4"lift would be as far as I would go. I saw durmax smoke a viper at a 1/4 mile, it can be done.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
If you like your ride height and tire size buy a cognito 4" and lower to the same height you are now. All your problems solve, better cv angles, better ride still go fast.........
You can't lower a cognito 4" lower than 4".

It's a cognito 4-6" lift for a reason. 4" lift is when the keys are cranked all the way down... 6" lift when they are cranked all the way up.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nah like i said if i lift it will deff be a 6 inch zone i no that much. i do like how it sits but im sure id still love the looks with a 6 inch lift. plus ill lower it to about 5 for a better ride so im only really gaining 3 inches but will hopefully have a much better ride. and as far as the getting it paid off i am im just looking at when i need one thing such as right now i need shocks i midas well do what i want and not buy stuff twice. the big performance goodies are still waiting till its paid unless something breaks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts