Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm on the fence of building my motor. Already have a buyer for my twins and a spare lbz that I'm able to break down and send to the machinist.

Now before you think I'm gonna build just to have a 1000+ truck.... No. I was a dd-able 11.90 class truck that I can drive to the races run all day then drive home.

I'm not one to go above what I say. I never plan to put more than 750-800 down as I A. Don't have the patience to keep rebuilding it, B. The want for anymore power as I could never be competitive in super street so I'm stuck in the 11.90, C. The headache of constant breaking.

I already have tts rods, mahle pistons, Hamilton springs, head and main studs, socal flex plate. The plan is to just do a mild head job and balance everything.

Scott is gonna build me a 366/480 htt with SS housing over billet wheel race cover 480

Dual fuelers and 80 overs and call it a day.

Now the big question... Should I do it....???

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I dont feel like I need to respond to this with an answer of yes or no.

I would do it and I will. :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
do it or you have no balls. also as a side note i am pissed you moved so now when i go to lakeland in febuary i will have to spend the entire time with my in-laws instead of meeting up with you and enjoying some time away from them

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do it or you have no balls. also as a side note i am pissed you moved so now when i go to lakeland in febuary i will have to spend the entire time with my in-laws instead of meeting up with you and enjoying some time away from them
haha. you waited to long buddy :neener

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Don't do it and send all the parts my way. Free of charge to me. You can also send a couple hundred dollar bills in the boxes that come to me.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm should i have made the title NO serious opinion then you guys woulda given me serious ones haha

:drink

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
lol I can change it for you....maybe you would get serious ones then.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
My opinion don't mean much but I think it's a great idea and I would do it in a heartbeat. That's a metric shit ton of power for a DD. I like it!

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Do it bro! No "if, ands, or buts about it!"

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I'm on the fence of building my motor. Already have a buyer for my twins and a spare lbz that I'm able to break down and send to the machinist.

Now before you think I'm gonna build just to have a 1000+ truck.... No. I was a dd-able 11.90 class truck that I can drive to the races run all day then drive home.

I'm not one to go above what I say. I never plan to put more than 750-800 down as I A. Don't have the patience to keep rebuilding it, B. The want for anymore power as I could never be competitive in super street so I'm stuck in the 11.90, C. The headache of constant breaking.

I already have tts rods, mahle pistons, Hamilton springs, head and main studs, socal flex plate. The plan is to just do a mild head job and balance everything.

Scott is gonna build me a 366/480 htt with SS housing over billet wheel race cover 480

Dual fuelers and 80 overs and call it a day.

Now the big question... Should I do it....???
i would do it but.... since u do want serious opinions. if i planned on keeping it and building it i would get a llm 2010 first and then do it. idk guess im kinda losing steam i love my truck but its killing my ass in fuel and if this new plan goes thru with me running another location for the business im working for then ill be driving back and forth everyday 35 miles and i dont even want to think about the diesel cost.. a 2010 bmw 335d might be near in my future

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
That is what I am going to do............... Just not the 80 overs, too much smoke for the street.

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
I would do it without a doubt......but then again I'm in the process of building mine about the same as yours just with Howards rods, and more air. I already have the rods and some other odds and ends but I don't expect it to be done till late spring but it will be worth the wait.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Why wouldn't you do it is my question for you. :D

We have basically the same plans, minus the twins.

Why did you go with TTS rods instead of Carrillos?

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is what I am going to do............... Just not the 80 overs, too much smoke for the street.
thats what rob is telling me to get. and with good tuning it wont be too smoky :)

Why wouldn't you do it is my question for you. :D

We have basically the same plans, minus the twins.

Why did you go with TTS rods instead of Carrillos?
thats a good question,

i went with tts because they lasted in maxd out for over 100 passes and are still perfect so i figured a set would last forever in my truck lol

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
You have already purchased the expensive parts so the changes that you will be doing will only make things run smother and easier on the motor.
Darryl

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You have already purchased the expensive parts so the changes that you will be doing will only make things run smother and easier on the motor.
Darryl
I hear ya it's just a big step spending that kinda $$$ on a damn truck lol

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I am in the same boat as you,I am building my motor also and decided that if I am going to build it I would over build it and hopefully dont have to touch it again.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts