Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just hooked up my smoke switch as the diagram describes from diesel place and it throws the truck into limp mode and throws a map and maf code immediately after flipping the switch on....I used a 1n4001 diode and a 1/2 watt 33 ohm resistor because that's the only thing they have close to a 1n1001 and 1/4 watt 33 ohm at all the near by radioshacks...from my understanding the diode is supposed to stop signals from travelling back up the wire, so I didn't see why the voltage input of the diode would matter as the 1n4001 is a 50v input and the 1n1001 is a 3.3v? Anyone know whats up?:help Thanks for any helpful info!!

TO ALL THE SMOKE SWITCH HATERS: You didn't buy my truck, will never see my truck, have nothing to do with my truck, and will never see me...SO don't bother commenting about how FUCKING stupid a smoke switch is, and the whole deal is a waste of time, and get a dsp5 switch if you want smoke, yada yada yada bull stuff....I got ya:rockin NO SHIT!!! To each there own, some people don't make 100k a year or have mommy and dady to hand them breakfast in bed, and a hundred dollar bill every morning...YEE HAW you have an $800 programmer...good for you...around here money don't fall from mommy's hand:mad1

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.