Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is an 03 Duramax with 113,00 miles. I have a loping idle/rough idle and sometimes it has poor acceleration. I took it to the dealer and they told me it was my Fuel Pressure Regulator. They said the Regulator is $500.00 and the Harness is $60.00. Where exactly is the FPR on the engine? Does anyone make a aftermarket regulator that might cost less than the OE part? I told them to also check the injectors and they told me that they couldn't because I have a Banks Air Intake and Big Head Actuator(something to do with the original calibration) I know at least one injector is leaking because there is fuel in my oil. Are they just trying to get out of warrantying my injectors or is the dealer telling me the truth???

Thanks for any help

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I think injectors are yuour problem, u could have a bad fuel pressure regulator. I dont know how much they are but they arent very big and are located on the fuel pump down in the valley of the engine as for the wire harness the plug for it is part of the engine harrness so i dont know. IMO i would find another dealer!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts