Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I am in the market for an enclosed trailer as I decided not to build a garage so I could have more liquid assets since I'm young.

I have found a lot of 40-48 foot goosenecks and its really what I want, but I just cant get a good feel from people how much of a pain it is to tow them and how stealthy one has to be at the track to get the thing around the pits when arriving and leaving at the beginning and end of the weekends.

I can go buy a 24' trailer pretty much all cash, but I still dont have place for a golf cart, an actual living space (All the big ones have them) and I wouldnt have a nice 5th wheel setup to toss in my new trucks bed lol

I was wondering if you guys could advise me on whats wise to do, in the end money will really dictate what I get but I dont want to get into something and regret it! This is something I would plan to keep for a LONG time.

^^^^^^^
I posted that on some car forums and got an array of answers, but I am looking for more of a 'towing' answer here.

I found this trailer which matches the car perfect, and is pretty much everything I would ever need. It would also fit later cars that I build as well.

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/838424/48-Custom-Living-Quarters-w-Full-Bath.html

I am looking for some detailed help on how much of a PITA something like this is to tow and move around.

I totally understand one has to plan where they are going when towing something this big, and have a level head.

any advice and experiences would be AWESOME!

(Tow vehicle is an 07 classic 3500 DRW)

Thanks a lot,
-Ryan

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Yea it will go low 9's this season if all goes to plan, then once I get everything else in line it will most likely get tubed and I'll build it for 7's, but thats after a trailer and possibly a house lol

I really want to go for a ride with someone towing something big lol

Thats the only way I will know whats right for me, but your guys' advice certainly helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.