Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is skipping and the codes point to the harness being bad.Heard there was a recall on the harness for the injecters.Is this true?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
codes are

p0202
p2149

·
Registered
362 Posts
Check the harness where it is zipped tied to the Alternator bracket. You will need to cut the zip tie off and really inspect the wires. They are known to rub through. insulate the wires good and put a piece of rubber on the alternator bracket to keep it from rubbing the harness in the future.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
There was no recall for the injector connectors-- or wire harness. GM did have a "fix" for the injector connetors-- which you cut the connector off and install a new one, along with new brackets. (about $250) This fix did not always work.

One that seems to be better--- is to use a SHARP ice pick and push it into the connector, which raises a dimple in the terminal for better contact.

The P0202 code is for #2, the driver's side front connector-- I suggest you try that, after you inspect the FICM wire harness. The other connector that you may have problems with is the rear on the passenger side-- that is #7.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's on the way to gm for the harness replacement.I just don't have time to do it and they told me 400.00 parts and labor so i said have at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts